Normal HD TV set or 3D or even 4K?

Old December 30th 14, 07:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_5_]

Default Normal HD TV set or 3D or even 4K?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 20:11:08 -0000, "Woody"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
Well decided to get Samsung UE48HU7500 at Richer Sounds.
So went out yesterday and bought the UE55HU7500 mistake
was taking my lovely lady wife who thought we should keep
up with the so called Jones.

It has both the 3D and 4K.

Poor picture when we turned it on and shocked as nothing
like we had seen in showrooms, then we heard of the EU and
compulsory ECO mode, dived into Menus and turned it off.
Now got fantastic pictures on the HD stations.
Continuing to tweak thinks as the days go by.

Got a free 5 year warranty and 3 months free of movie
channels and if I go onto the Samsung site was told I can
claim a free Hub, what that does I not know if you do is
it worth claiming?

Thanks for your help

On principle, if its free, claim it!

There are three common networking devices:
A hub - usually four ethernet ports - just broadcasts on the
remaining ports anything that it gets in from any one port.
It means that everthing connected to it sees all traffic so
it can slow things down on a busy system. Each device
connected must have its own unique network address;
A switch - which is what the ethernet ports on a router in
effect are - is the same as a hub but it learns who is
connected to each port and steers the data accordingly, i.e.
from any one input only one item connected to one other port
should receive the data. As with a hub each device must have
its own unique network address;
A router - which is an interconnecting device between a
network (usually external such as the Internet) and a number
of users or equipments. Its outputs to its own network act
like a switch (as above) and steer the data. However it
usually also does one other thing and that is issue (via
DHCP) a unique address to each device connected to each port
in an address range totally unrelated to the outside world
address. This means that 4/8/16/32 devices on the equipment
side can access the external network through one single port
and one IP address. As this address change - or NAT, Network
Address Translation - means that the outside world is unable
to directly access something on the local side of the
router, said router is acting as a hardware firewall so
there is (really) no need for your IS software to do the
same thing.

They will supply you a hub so that if you only have one
network connection adjacent to the TV connected to, say, an
audio (hi-fi) streaming unit, you can get a second (and
third and fourth) port available through which to connect
your smart TV etc from the one cable.

HTH.

Neh. These days a hub is likley to be a switch.
Or a switch/router
Or a switch/router/wireless access point.
Or a switch/router/wireless access point/xDSL modem.

In short, a hub can be anything except an actual hub.
The marketing men have decreed it.

Mind you, real hubs are pretty useless apart from tapping into a
network segment with a packet sniffer.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%