Shocking betrayal of the NHS.

Old September 26th 13, 05:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

Default Shocking betrayal of the NHS.

By Tom McTague
30 Comments

NHS reforms scandal: Hospitals charging patients for treatment that used to
be free
26 Sep 2013 00:00

Shadow Health Secretary Andy Burnham said the secret development after Tory
reforms was the "next scandal" to hit the NHS

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...arging-2301163

Old September 26th 13, 08:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_3_]

On 26/09/2013 18:00, Ian Field wrote:
By Tom McTague
30 Comments

NHS reforms scandal: Hospitals charging patients for treatment that used
to be free
26 Sep 2013 00:00

Shadow Health Secretary Andy Burnham said the secret development after
Tory reforms was the "next scandal" to hit the NHS

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...arging-2301163

Cataract surgery seems to be a problem in only in some areas. An
acquaintance in Hull cannot get it done there and as waited years. They
reluctantly bus some people to Rochdale by minibus for the procedure.
In Sussex I just waited five weeks from diagnosis to get my first one
done last month. Now waiting for the second one.
A friend in Edinburgh was referred to St Johns in Livingston within
three weeks and had it done on a Sunday by a surgeon who had travelled
up from Carlisle. Her second one is being done in Edinburgh.
I neither case did money change hands.
I fund it strange that a simple non life threatening procedure was done
so quickly but that I had to wait fifty four weeks for urgent cardiac
surgery. OK, one takes ten minutes the other five hours.
Derek.