More Ben (4)

Old September 22nd 13, 07:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default More Ben (4)

TOT: This afternoon after a country walk Ben and his parents entered a
pub. Ben ran up to the bar and addressed the startled barmaid thus:
"Missus Pub, can I have a pint please, and some crisps?"

Old September 22nd 13, 08:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
TOT: This afternoon after a country walk Ben and his parents entered a
pub. Ben ran up to the bar and addressed the startled barmaid thus:
"Missus Pub, can I have a pint please, and some crisps?"

According to the information I was given when I trained for a "Personal
Licence", it's illegal for somone under 18 to ask for alcohol - presumably
he meant a pint of lemonade.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Old September 22nd 13, 09:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_2_]

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 20:14:08 +0100, charles

Bill Wright wrote:
TOT: This afternoon after a country walk Ben and his parents entered a
pub. Ben ran up to the bar and addressed the startled barmaid thus:
"Missus Pub, can I have a pint please, and some crisps?"

According to the information I was given when I trained for a "Personal
Licence", it's illegal for somone under 18 to ask for alcohol - presumably
he meant a pint of lemonade.

It depends where he is asking, and as he's under 10 it's not an issue
anyway.

In his own home he can have a drink legally on his next birthday as
the legal drinking age is 5 (Oh yes).

It does beg the question, as it is illegal to buy alcohol for an under
18, how will Ben get his booze? Apparently there is a distinction in
law between buying alcohol on his behalf and giving him some that you
have bought, but I bet that's not a something covered in Tesco's
"Challenge 21" training.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old September 22nd 13, 09:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton

"charles" wrote in message
Bill Wright wrote:
TOT: This afternoon after a country walk Ben and his parents entered a
pub. Ben ran up to the bar and addressed the startled barmaid thus:
"Missus Pub, can I have a pint please, and some crisps?"

According to the information I was given when I trained for a "Personal
Licence", it's illegal for somone under 18 to ask for alcohol - presumably
he meant a pint of lemonade.

But someone under ten is below the age of criminal responsibility.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Old September 22nd 13, 09:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article , R. Mark Clayton
wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Bill Wright
wrote:
TOT: This afternoon after a country walk Ben and his parents entered a
pub. Ben ran up to the bar and addressed the startled barmaid thus:
"Missus Pub, can I have a pint please, and some crisps?"

According to the information I was given when I trained for a "Personal
Licence", it's illegal for somone under 18 to ask for alcohol -
presumably he meant a pint of lemonade.

But someone under ten is below the age of criminal responsibility.

but perhaps the adult supervising him in the bar (he needs adult
supervision) is the real offender ;-)

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Old September 22nd 13, 10:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 20:14:08 +0100
charles wrote:

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
TOT: This afternoon after a country walk Ben and his parents
entered a pub. Ben ran up to the bar and addressed the startled
barmaid thus: "Missus Pub, can I have a pint please, and some
crisps?"

According to the information I was given when I trained for a
"Personal Licence", it's illegal for somone under 18 to ask for
alcohol - presumably he meant a pint of lemonade.

I would have thought that he could ask as much as he wanted, but the
offence would only occur if somebody sold it to him.

--
Davey.
Old September 23rd 13, 01:00 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Davey wrote:
On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 20:14:08 +0100
charles wrote:

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
TOT: This afternoon after a country walk Ben and his parents
entered a pub. Ben ran up to the bar and addressed the startled
barmaid thus: "Missus Pub, can I have a pint please, and some
crisps?"

According to the information I was given when I trained for a
"Personal Licence", it's illegal for somone under 18 to ask for
alcohol - presumably he meant a pint of lemonade.

I would have thought that he could ask as much as he wanted, but the
offence would only occur if somebody sold it to him.

Can we try to remember that this was a four-year old innocently saying
something that we adults find amusing? That's all it was. I don't really
think Mr Plod would be very concerned.

Old September 23rd 13, 07:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 21:18:29 +0100, Graham. wrote:

In his own home he can have a drink legally on his next birthday as
the legal drinking age is 5 (Oh yes).

In that case, both my brother and I started a bit early. In fact, if the "5"
is 5 _months_ my brother might have been a bit 'advanced'!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old September 23rd 13, 09:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_8_]

PeterC wrote:

Graham. wrote:

In his own home he can have a drink legally on his next birthday as
the legal drinking age is 5 (Oh yes).

In that case, both my brother and I started a bit early. In fact, if the "5"
is 5 _months_ my brother might have been a bit 'advanced'!

Mmmmm .... gripe water.

Old September 23rd 13, 09:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

You can ask, but they cannot sell.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"charles" wrote in message
Bill Wright wrote:
TOT: This afternoon after a country walk Ben and his parents entered a
pub. Ben ran up to the bar and addressed the startled barmaid thus:
"Missus Pub, can I have a pint please, and some crisps?"

According to the information I was given when I trained for a "Personal
Licence", it's illegal for somone under 18 to ask for alcohol - presumably
he meant a pint of lemonade.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18