More Ben (4)

Old September 24th 13, 08:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default More Ben (4)

Max Demian wrote:

It's the kind of sloppy retail stroppiness that leads to OAPs being asked to
prove their age.

The elderly lady at the checkout joking asked, "Are you old enough to
buy this?"
I leant over her conveyor belt and leeringly replied, "Old enough to buy
cider, but young enough to be ready for love!" I thrust my groin towards
her several times for emphasis, and went "Uh uh!"
She giggled and said, "Oh, I'll see you later!"
Hil tapped my leg. That's the secret sign that I must shut up and leave.

Old September 24th 13, 10:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_2_]

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:54:58 +0100, "Max Demian"
wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 11:40:26 +0100
Peter Duncanson wrote:

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 11:39:39 +0100, Davey
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 23:18:02 +0100
"Max Demian" wrote:

Since the shop cannot serve to anybody who appears to be under-age,
and can lose its license if it does serve to such a person,

Ok, I'll re-phrase it:
"Since the shop cannot serve to anybody who appears to be under-age,
and can lose its license if it does serve to somebody who is
under-age, etc.."

That's what I assumed you meant.

Thank you. Max Demian obviously didn't, though.

It's the kind of sloppy retail stroppiness that leads to OAPs being asked to
prove their age.

True, but have some sympathy for the poor check-out operator who is
told that if they accidentally get it wrong and sell to under 18, they
personally will be up before the local bench, and cost the whole
Supermarket chain its licence to sell alcohol.

******** of course, but I have read the notices "back stage"

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old September 24th 13, 10:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_2_]

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:34:11 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 11:41:52 +0100, Davey
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 23:23:50 GMT
Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 17:03:33 +0100, Davey
wrote:

Since the shop cannot serve to anybody who appears to be under-age,
and can lose its license if it does serve to such a person, the
shop was in the right, and she sounds like a spoiled brat.

A spoiled brat? You really are a ****ing nasty little arse who doesn't
know what he's talking about aren't you?

Well, why would she not produce ID? The shop had every right to ask her
for it, and as mentioned elsewhere, could lose its license if it served
alcohol to somebody who was under age.
So what was her problem? Why did she think that she was above all that?

Because she and I were regular customers. We had been buying all our
groceries and booze there for over a year because it was walking
distance. No one had asked for ID before.

Steve

Checkout operator isn't the best job in the world.
(S)he might have been on a written warning
The manager might have been watching, (s)he might have felt it
necessary to prove she was erring on the side of caution, by a wide
margin.
(S)he might have been paranoid that any customer could be a Mystery
Shopper from Head Office.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%