The wit and wisdom of Ben, 4

Old September 22nd 13, 01:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default The wit and wisdom of Ben, 4

Ben came into the living room and his mum said, "Ah, there you are!"
He held out his arms in a theatrical gesture and announced, "Yes here I
am! I'm the man of the moment!"

Thanks to tree screening his parents needed a new aerial the other day.
Ben helped install it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...w%20aerial.jpg

Old September 22nd 13, 02:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_2_]

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 01:44:17 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

Ben came into the living room and his mum said, "Ah, there you are!"
He held out his arms in a theatrical gesture and announced, "Yes here I
am! I'm the man of the moment!"

Thanks to tree screening his parents needed a new aerial the other day.
Ben helped install it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...w%20aerial.jpg

Bill

Did you tell him how lucky he is, and how his great grandad sent you
up the chimneys when you were his age?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old September 22nd 13, 04:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Graham. wrote:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...w%20aerial.jpg

Bill

Did you tell him how lucky he is, and how his great grandad sent you
up the chimneys when you were his age?

No, but at different times that day we had cross words. I clearly
instructed him to not follow me up the ladder onto the roof and then I
spotted him about ten feet up the ladder, trying to force himself to
ascend further despite his fear. I clearly instructed him to not follow
me into the loft and then I found him up there playing air guitar with a
stringless banjo. Both times I criticised his behaviour in the harshest
possible terms, and there were other incidents of discord. But after he
was put to bed there was a wailing from upstairs. "Please can grandad
come up and tuck me in and kiss me goodnight?"

Kids and dogs; they can play us like fiddles can't they?

Old September 22nd 13, 02:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Thackery[_2_]

Bill Wright wrote:

Kids and dogs; they can play us like fiddles can't they?

Only if you let them. When my niece tried it with me, I congratulated
her on how young she had learned to be manipulative.

Interestingly, it definitely set her thinking, and she seems to have
learned from it. Not only did she learn about her behaviour being
manipulative, she also learned that adults are far more perceptive than
she thought.

--
SteveT
Old September 22nd 13, 03:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_2_]

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 08:43:30 -0500, "Steve Thackery"
wrote:

Bill Wright wrote:

Kids and dogs; they can play us like fiddles can't they?

Only if you let them. When my niece tried it with me, I congratulated
her on how young she had learned to be manipulative.

Interestingly, it definitely set her thinking, and she seems to have
learned from it. Not only did she learn about her behaviour being
manipulative, she also learned that adults are far more perceptive than
she thought.

I echo Bill's sentiments, but I think we are both being ironic when we
complain of childish so-called manipulation.

True as a father, and doubly true I suspect now I am a grandfather.

YM, it would seem, MV

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old September 22nd 13, 04:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
madge

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 01:44:17 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

Ben came into the living room and his mum said, "Ah, there you are!"
He held out his arms in a theatrical gesture and announced, "Yes here I
am! I'm the man of the moment!"

Thanks to tree screening his parents needed a new aerial the other day.
Ben helped install it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...w%20aerial.jpg

Bill

I sometimes imagine that now you're so asset rich but liquidity poor you'd
use a couple of Yagi's like that tied together as Christmas Trees.

-
My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d
Use these for low bandwidth | All Mobiles | http://KindLink.tk/
A really crap coded website | All Devices |
https://sites.google.com/site/themadge/
Old September 22nd 13, 04:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

wrote:

Bill Wright wrote:

Kids and dogs; they can play us like fiddles can't they?

Only if you let them. When my niece tried it with me, I congratulated
her on how young she had learned to be manipulative.

Interestingly, it definitely set her thinking, and she seems to have
learned from it. Not only did she learn about her behaviour being
manipulative, she also learned that adults are far more perceptive than
she thought.

I suspect I'm not the only person here wondering whether your niece has
now learned to manipulate you without your realising it. :-)

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old September 22nd 13, 05:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

Steve Thackery wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

Kids and dogs; they can play us like fiddles can't they?

Only if you let them. When my niece tried it with me, I congratulated
her on how young she had learned to be manipulative.

It's quite something, I reckon, even to be able say 'manipulative' at
that age.

Old September 22nd 13, 06:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

madge wrote:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...w%20aerial.jpg

Bill

I sometimes imagine that now you're so asset rich but liquidity poor

You shouldn't make such assumptions. The amount old men complain about
being poor has if anything an inverse relationship to their wealth!

you'd use a couple of Yagi's like that tied together as Christmas Trees.

You know, you've given me a terrific idea!

Old September 22nd 13, 09:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+

Bill Wright wrote:
Ben came into the living room and his mum said, "Ah, there you are!"
He held out his arms in a theatrical gesture and announced, "Yes here I
am! I'm the man of the moment!"

Thanks to tree screening his parents needed a new aerial the other day.
Ben helped install it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...w%20aerial.jpg

Bill

Without meaning to be a spoilsport Bill, at what age would you consider it
reasonable to ask someone's consent before sharing a photograph with the
whole world? Showing friends your family album is one thing, but putting
someone else's child's photo on the internet is another thing altogether.

Tim