Big school

Old August 27th 13, 02:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Big school

In the recent episode, where they have a talent show, look at the close-
up of the kids who hold up the scores for the last act, near the end of
the prog. Compare the drawing of the number '10' with the way it is
drawn in the more distant shot that follows.

Old August 27th 13, 09:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc

I thought they were real, but maybe it was just a figment of my imagination.
Talking of school teachers, do they still have the gung ho PE teachers who
assume all children want to do and must be good at a sport. We had one at
our school, Me falling off a bar, getting a javelin in my leg and Throwing
up over the teacher on the trampoline convinced him in the end though. Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 02:12:42 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

In the recent episode, where they have a talent show, look at the close-
up of the kids who hold up the scores for the last act, near the end of
the prog. Compare the drawing of the number '10' with the way it is
drawn in the more distant shot that follows.

Too late I deleted it. What did I miss?
This programme has a very good cast.
I could name teachers, at the last school I attended, who were similar
to some of the characters.
Why doesn't it work?
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old August 27th 13, 10:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
GordonD[_2_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I thought they were real, but maybe it was just a figment of my
imagination.
Talking of school teachers, do they still have the gung ho PE teachers who
assume all children want to do and must be good at a sport. We had one at
our school, Me falling off a bar, getting a javelin in my leg and Throwing
up over the teacher on the trampoline convinced him in the end though.
Brian

I remember a bloke in my class doing a somersault over the wooden horse and
shouting out in pain as he landed. The PE teacher told him to get up and not
be such a wimp - when he couldn't the sod made him go and sit in the
changing room until the end of the period. Half an hour later the bloke was
carted off in an ambulance with a broken leg.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Old August 27th 13, 10:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

wrote:

In the recent episode, where they have a talent show, look at the close-
up of the kids who hold up the scores for the last act, near the end of
the prog. Compare the drawing of the number '10' with the way it is
drawn in the more distant shot that follows.

It's entirely your fault for breaking the rules.
Television programmes are now just brightly coloured, noisy wallpaper.
That's why screens are bigger. They are no longer intended to be
watched by people with any degree of intelligence or perception.
Old August 27th 13, 01:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc

wrote:

In the recent episode, where they have a talent show, look at the close-
up of the kids who hold up the scores for the last act, near the end of
the prog. Compare the drawing of the number '10' with the way it is
drawn in the more distant shot that follows.

Too late I deleted it. What did I miss?

It was an entirely different 'drawn' '10'. One had serifs, the other was
sans serif and rounded.

Old August 27th 13, 03:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Thumper

wrote:

In the recent episode, where they have a talent show, look at the close-
up of the kids who hold up the scores for the last act, near the end of
the prog. Compare the drawing of the number '10' with the way it is
drawn in the more distant shot that follows.

Too late I deleted it. What did I miss?
This programme has a very good cast.
I could name teachers, at the last school I attended, who were similar
to some of the characters.
Why doesn't it work?

Works for me. I wonder how many viewers didn't get the ongoing joke in this
episode where Miss Postern says "it's for the children of the United Kingdom
and Northern Ireland"

Old August 27th 13, 04:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

In message , Martin
writes
Big School is a "comedy"
Are you confusing it with Waterloo Road? :-)

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:16:08 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Are you saying there is fiddling afoot, well blow me down. a reality show
which is slightly unreal. there is a thing.

Brian

Waterloo Road is not a reality show either.
--
Ian
Old August 27th 13, 08:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Jerry Brown[_2_]

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:18:38 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I thought they were real, but maybe it was just a figment of my imagination.
Talking of school teachers, do they still have the gung ho PE teachers who
assume all children want to do and must be good at a sport. We had one at
our school, Me falling off a bar, getting a javelin in my leg and Throwing
up over the teacher on the trampoline convinced him in the end though. Brian

Ah yes, reminds me of the (ex-Olympic trainer) swimming teacher at my
school who thought the best way to cure me of my fear of going
underwater was to throw me in at the deep end.

Took me 10 years before I went swimmimg again voluntarily.

There were some good times though; (a different) PE teacher asked me
which sport I wanted to do in the winter term and I said cross-country
running. Pleased that I was showing an interest, he asked me why and I
told him it was the only sport which finished early enough for me to
get home to see The Time Tunnel.

--
Jerry Brown

A cat may look at a king