Big school

Old August 29th 13, 02:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
S Viemeister[_2_]

Default Big school

On 8/29/2013 5:50 AM, GordonD wrote:
"Derek F" wrote
Leith Academy?

Wash your mouth out!

Hey! Nothing wrong with Leith Academy! My mother and two of her siblings
attended that school.

I went to Broughton.

Old August 29th 13, 04:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Ophelia[_4_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:50:24 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 10:50:19 +0100, "GordonD"
wrote:

"Derek F" wrote in message
On 27/08/2013 10:42, GordonD wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I thought they were real, but maybe it was just a figment of my
imagination.
Talking of school teachers, do they still have the gung ho PE
teachers
who assume all children want to do and must be good at a sport. We
had
one at our school, Me falling off a bar, getting a javelin in my leg
and Throwing up over the teacher on the trampoline convinced him in
the end though. Brian

I remember a bloke in my class doing a somersault over the wooden
horse
and shouting out in pain as he landed. The PE teacher told him to get
up
and not be such a wimp - when he couldn't the sod made him go and sit
in
the changing room until the end of the period. Half an hour later the
bloke was carted off in an ambulance with a broken leg.
Leith Academy?

Wash your mouth out!

I went to Broughton.

So you aren't one of the Gay Gordons. :-)

Not with that moustache! Unless he has shaved it off since I last saw
him?
)

They all have moustaches in Amsterdam :-)

Not here in Scotland

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old August 29th 13, 05:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Ophelia[_4_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 16:58:30 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:50:24 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

m...

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
[...]

They are all in Amsterdam flashing their sporrans.

Hmm I've never seen Gordon's sporran. Whether he does in fact have one I
couldn't say Perhaps he could confirm or deny?
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old August 29th 13, 08:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Derek F[_3_]

On 29/08/2013 11:32, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:04:45 +0100, Derek F
wrote:

On 29/08/2013 09:14, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 23:55:49 +0100, Derek F
wrote:

On 27/08/2013 11:27, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:42:53 +0100, "GordonD"
wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I thought they were real, but maybe it was just a figment of my
imagination.
Talking of school teachers, do they still have the gung ho PE teachers who
assume all children want to do and must be good at a sport. We had one at
our school, Me falling off a bar, getting a javelin in my leg and Throwing
up over the teacher on the trampoline convinced him in the end though.
Brian

I remember a bloke in my class doing a somersault over the wooden horse and
shouting out in pain as he landed. The PE teacher told him to get up and not
be such a wimp - when he couldn't the sod made him go and sit in the
changing room until the end of the period. Half an hour later the bloke was
carted off in an ambulance with a broken leg.

Almost as good as the kid in Hull who broke a leg recently and was
told by her GP to get out and walk the pain away.

I recently overheard a girl tell a friend that she had a painful knee.
She had looked at Google before going to see her doctor and had come up
with her own diagnosis.
She was appalled when when after giving her symptoms to the doctor he
turned to Google.
Funny my GP uses Wikipedia then turns the screen round to show me his
diagnosis.

I've had something similar, but not because the doctor was ignorant,
but because Wiki explained something better with diagrams than he
could verbally. He also had some links to Youtube videos on the
subject.

My one usually tells me that he had someone else in with the same
problem earlier and still has a book on the subject open on his shelf.
When the urologist started to explain the Thulium Laser procedure he was
going to on my prostate I told him that I had watched him demonstrate
the procedure to a group of surgeons in Germany.
That was a small prostate he said, yours will be more of a challenge.
He later told me that crouching with his head between my legs for two
and a half hours (lucky him) had given him a backache.

Was he kissing his arse goodbye or what?

Should I ask him at my follow up?
Bad backs seem to be common with urologists.
Derek
Old August 29th 13, 08:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Derek F[_3_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I thought they were real, but maybe it was just a figment of my
imagination.
Talking of school teachers, do they still have the gung ho PE teachers
who assume all children want to do and must be good at a sport. We had
one at our school, Me falling off a bar, getting a javelin in my leg
and Throwing up over the teacher on the trampoline convinced him in
the end though. Brian

I remember a bloke in my class doing a somersault over the wooden horse
and shouting out in pain as he landed. The PE teacher told him to get up
and not be such a wimp - when he couldn't the sod made him go and sit in
the changing room until the end of the period. Half an hour later the
bloke was carted off in an ambulance with a broken leg.

Leith Academy?

Wash your mouth out!

I went to Broughton.

I had the choice of Broughton, Leith Academy and Boroughmuir.
I lived in Annandale Street so Broughton would have been nearer but I
had been at Leith Academy Primary so wanted to stay where my friends were.
Wonder if I made the right choice?
I was supposed to go to Herriots as the War was starting but my father
envisaged air raids and me stuck on the other side of town so I
initially went to London Street. Safer? I got knocked down by a van on
the way home one day.
Derek
Old August 29th 13, 08:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Derek F[_3_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
[...]

That was a respectable term when Gordon Smith played for Hibs.
DErek
Old August 29th 13, 08:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Derek F[_3_]

On 29/08/2013 14:05, S Viemeister wrote:
On 8/29/2013 5:50 AM, GordonD wrote:
"Derek F" wrote
Leith Academy?

Wash your mouth out!

Hey! Nothing wrong with Leith Academy! My mother and two of her siblings
attended that school.

I went to Broughton.

Perhaps I knew them. I left school in 1950
Derek
Old August 29th 13, 08:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_3_]

On 29/08/2013 11:43, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 00:00:22 +0100, Derek F
wrote:

On 27/08/2013 16:09, Ian wrote:
In message , Martin
writes
Big School is a "comedy"
Are you confusing it with Waterloo Road? :-)

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:16:08 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Are you saying there is fiddling afoot, well blow me down. a reality
show
which is slightly unreal. there is a thing.

Brian

Waterloo Road is not a reality show either.

My wife watches it and I just see snatches of it. Strange School that
moves from Waterloo Road to Greenock.

and it's pupils?
I noticed Jane from EE has lied to Ian about where she is and almost
certainly lied to the school about her qualifications, and has not
told him about her new job.

Will Eastenders soon be merging with River City?

or with Casualty, Holby City and New Tricks
or just adding to the unemployed celebs queue.
Where would UK celeb quiz shows be without EE?

I remember seeing Coronation Street one time we were in Holland.
Derek
Old August 29th 13, 10:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Derek F[_3_]

On 29/08/2013 21:57, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 20:30:42 +0100, Derek F
wrote:

On 29/08/2013 14:05, S Viemeister wrote:
On 8/29/2013 5:50 AM, GordonD wrote:
"Derek F" wrote
Leith Academy?

Wash your mouth out!

Hey! Nothing wrong with Leith Academy! My mother and two of her siblings
attended that school.

I went to Broughton.

Perhaps I knew them. I left school in 1950

Beat me by nine years.

I presume that Broughton still exists unlike the Leith Academy I went to.
Derek.
Old August 29th 13, 10:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_3_]

On 29/08/2013 22:06, Martin wrote:

wrote:

Are you saying there is fiddling afoot, well blow me down. a reality
show
which is slightly unreal. there is a thing.

Brian

Waterloo Road is not a reality show either.
My wife watches it and I just see snatches of it. Strange School that
moves from Waterloo Road to Greenock.

and it's pupils?
I noticed Jane from EE has lied to Ian about where she is and almost
certainly lied to the school about her qualifications, and has not
told him about her new job.

Will Eastenders soon be merging with River City?

or with Casualty, Holby City and New Tricks
or just adding to the unemployed celebs queue.
Where would UK celeb quiz shows be without EE?

I remember seeing Coronation Street one time we were in Holland.

You should have switched off. :-)

In a foreign country one always flicks through the channels. In Belgium
it had Corrie with French and Flemish or Dutch sub titles.
In Beijing when we turned on our hotel TV it had the 1940's version of
Oliver Twist showing followed by Benny Hill.
Derek