Big school

Old August 28th 13, 11:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default Big school

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:28:39 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 13:03:51 +0100, lid wrote:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:52:33 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:56:24 +0100,
lid wrote:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 02:12:42 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

In the recent episode, where they have a talent show, look at the close-
up of the kids who hold up the scores for the last act, near the end of
the prog. Compare the drawing of the number '10' with the way it is
drawn in the more distant shot that follows.

It's entirely your fault for breaking the rules.
Television programmes are now just brightly coloured, noisy wallpaper.
That's why screens are bigger. They are no longer intended to be
watched by people with any degree of intelligence or perception.

Is that hearsay or from bitter experience?

Yes

or whatever?

That clarifies that then

Precisely.
Old August 28th 13, 10:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Derek F[_3_]

On 27/08/2013 09:18, Brian Gaff wrote:
I thought they were real, but maybe it was just a figment of my imagination.
Talking of school teachers, do they still have the gung ho PE teachers who
assume all children want to do and must be good at a sport. We had one at
our school, Me falling off a bar, getting a javelin in my leg and Throwing
up over the teacher on the trampoline convinced him in the end though. Brian

We had a Pervy Gym teacher. There was a hatch between the boys and girls
dressing rooms. He would regularly open the hatch (girly screams) to
speak to his female counterpart.
Derek
Old August 28th 13, 10:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Derek F[_3_]

On 27/08/2013 10:42, GordonD wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I thought they were real, but maybe it was just a figment of my
imagination.
Talking of school teachers, do they still have the gung ho PE teachers
who assume all children want to do and must be good at a sport. We had
one at our school, Me falling off a bar, getting a javelin in my leg
and Throwing up over the teacher on the trampoline convinced him in
the end though. Brian

I remember a bloke in my class doing a somersault over the wooden horse
and shouting out in pain as he landed. The PE teacher told him to get up
and not be such a wimp - when he couldn't the sod made him go and sit in
the changing room until the end of the period. Half an hour later the
bloke was carted off in an ambulance with a broken leg.

Leith Academy?
Derek
Old August 28th 13, 10:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Derek F[_3_]

On 27/08/2013 11:27, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:42:53 +0100, "GordonD"
wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I thought they were real, but maybe it was just a figment of my
imagination.
Talking of school teachers, do they still have the gung ho PE teachers who
assume all children want to do and must be good at a sport. We had one at
our school, Me falling off a bar, getting a javelin in my leg and Throwing
up over the teacher on the trampoline convinced him in the end though.
Brian

I remember a bloke in my class doing a somersault over the wooden horse and
shouting out in pain as he landed. The PE teacher told him to get up and not
be such a wimp - when he couldn't the sod made him go and sit in the
changing room until the end of the period. Half an hour later the bloke was
carted off in an ambulance with a broken leg.

Almost as good as the kid in Hull who broke a leg recently and was
told by her GP to get out and walk the pain away.

I recently overheard a girl tell a friend that she had a painful knee.
She had looked at Google before going to see her doctor and had come up
with her own diagnosis.
She was appalled when when after giving her symptoms to the doctor he
turned to Google.
Funny my GP uses Wikipedia then turns the screen round to show me his
diagnosis.
Derek

Old August 28th 13, 11:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_3_]

On 27/08/2013 16:09, Ian wrote:
In message , Martin
writes
Big School is a "comedy"
Are you confusing it with Waterloo Road? :-)

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:16:08 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Are you saying there is fiddling afoot, well blow me down. a reality
show
which is slightly unreal. there is a thing.

Brian

Waterloo Road is not a reality show either.

My wife watches it and I just see snatches of it. Strange School that
moves from Waterloo Road to Greenock.
Will Eastenders soon be merging with River City?
Derek
Old August 29th 13, 09:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
GordonD[_2_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I thought they were real, but maybe it was just a figment of my
imagination.
Talking of school teachers, do they still have the gung ho PE teachers
who assume all children want to do and must be good at a sport. We had
one at our school, Me falling off a bar, getting a javelin in my leg
and Throwing up over the teacher on the trampoline convinced him in
the end though. Brian

I remember a bloke in my class doing a somersault over the wooden horse
and shouting out in pain as he landed. The PE teacher told him to get up
and not be such a wimp - when he couldn't the sod made him go and sit in
the changing room until the end of the period. Half an hour later the
bloke was carted off in an ambulance with a broken leg.

Leith Academy?

Wash your mouth out!

I went to Broughton.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Old August 29th 13, 10:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Derek F[_3_]

On 29/08/2013 09:14, Martin wrote:

wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
[...]

I've had something similar, but not because the doctor was ignorant,
but because Wiki explained something better with diagrams than he
could verbally. He also had some links to Youtube videos on the
subject.

My one usually tells me that he had someone else in with the same
problem earlier and still has a book on the subject open on his shelf.
When the urologist started to explain the Thulium Laser procedure he was
going to on my prostate I told him that I had watched him demonstrate
the procedure to a group of surgeons in Germany.
That was a small prostate he said, yours will be more of a challenge.
He later told me that crouching with his head between my legs for two
and a half hours (lucky him) had given him a backache.
Derek
Old August 29th 13, 10:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Ophelia[_4_]

"Martin" wrote in message

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
[...]

So you aren't one of the Gay Gordons. :-)

Not with that moustache! Unless he has shaved it off since I last saw him?
)
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old August 29th 13, 10:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Ophelia[_4_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
[...]

Well he looked quite roughy toughy last time I saw him ... mind you .. it
has been a wee while now ...

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old August 29th 13, 12:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

wrote:

In the recent episode, where they have a talent show, look at the close-
up of the kids who hold up the scores for the last act, near the end of
the prog. Compare the drawing of the number '10' with the way it is
drawn in the more distant shot that follows.

It's entirely your fault for breaking the rules.
Television programmes are now just brightly coloured, noisy wallpaper.
That's why screens are bigger. They are no longer intended to be
watched by people with any degree of intelligence or perception.

Is that hearsay or from bitter experience?

Yes

or whatever?

That clarifies that then

Precisely.

Watch the very first episode of OFAH and compare it to either episode
of Big School and one sees exactly what is wrong with Big School. The
script is terrible.

Thank you for the invitation, but it is clearly not the sort of
programme that I would watch.
Perhaps I might look at an episode out of technical interest, if it is
still running when I have cleared the 68% (and increasing) of a 1TB
TiVo that still remains to be seen.