Inconsistent implementation of DVB T1 standard?

Old August 23rd 13, 11:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

Default Inconsistent implementation of DVB T1 standard?

In message , Paul Ratcliffe
writes
On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 16:13:05 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

Glyn Morgan wrote:

I haven't done any transport stream analysis for over 5 years, I am
getting older & rusty, things may have changed, so this is possibly a
long shot.

Thanks very much for that. I will, for one thing, pass it on to Mike Rae
at Taylors.

I couldn't even open the bloody PDFs on the site. They just crash Acrobat
Reader. I gave up and departed for sunnier climes.

Try Foxit Reader instead.
--
Ian
Old August 23rd 13, 12:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Ian
scribeth thus

Glyn Morgan wrote:

I haven't done any transport stream analysis for over 5 years, I am
getting older & rusty, things may have changed, so this is possibly a
long shot.

Thanks very much for that. I will, for one thing, pass it on to Mike Rae
at Taylors.

I couldn't even open the bloody PDFs on the site. They just crash Acrobat
Reader. I gave up and departed for sunnier climes.

Try Foxit Reader instead.

+1 to that..

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/
--
Tony Sayer

Old August 23rd 13, 12:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

Or PDF-XChange Lite (that is, the free version). You get a free
reader replacement for Adobe. On XP and later you also get a printer
driver that can be used to create PDFs. I've been using it some time
now, and think it's quite good, though I have had one, maybe two,
document(s) that it wouldn't load and had to revert to Adobe for that.

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 11:17:21 +0100, Ian
wrote:

Try Foxit Reader instead.

Old September 24th 13, 03:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

Glyn Morgan wrote:

I haven't done any transport stream analysis for over 5 years, I am
getting older & rusty, things may have changed, so this is possibly a
long shot.

Thanks very much for that. I will, for one thing, pass it on to Mike Rae
at Taylors.

I couldn't even open the bloody PDFs on the site. They just crash Acrobat
Reader. I gave up and departed for sunnier climes.

I can't open them with Adobe 4, but can with Adobe Reader 11. Perhaps
you could update your reader to at least 6, which usually works on
current pdf's.
--
Dave W

Old September 24th 13, 10:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:23:50 GMT, Dave W wrote:

Thanks very much for that. I will, for one thing, pass it on to Mike Rae
at Taylors.

I couldn't even open the bloody PDFs on the site. They just crash Acrobat
Reader. I gave up and departed for sunnier climes.

I can't open them with Adobe 4, but can with Adobe Reader 11. Perhaps
you could update your reader to at least 6, which usually works on
current pdf's.

I'm running 10.1.8 at the moment. Attempts to 'upgrade' to 11.0.4 result
in error messages about failure due to broken connections (with no hint
as to what the real problem is). I gave up at that point.
Old September 25th 13, 08:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:32:21 GMT, Paul Ratcliffe
wrote:

I couldn't even open the bloody PDFs on the site. They just crash Acrobat
Reader. I gave up and departed for sunnier climes.

I can't open them with Adobe 4, but can with Adobe Reader 11. Perhaps
you could update your reader to at least 6, which usually works on
current pdf's.

I'm running 10.1.8 at the moment. Attempts to 'upgrade' to 11.0.4 result
in error messages about failure due to broken connections (with no hint
as to what the real problem is). I gave up at that point.

Remove Adobe altogether and get Foxit Reader. It's smaller, so
presumably has less to go wrong.

Old September 25th 13, 09:13 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message , Roderick
Stewart writes
wrote:

I couldn't even open the bloody PDFs on the site. They just crash Acrobat
Reader. I gave up and departed for sunnier climes.

I can't open them with Adobe 4, but can with Adobe Reader 11. Perhaps
you could update your reader to at least 6, which usually works on
current pdf's.

I'm running 10.1.8 at the moment. Attempts to 'upgrade' to 11.0.4 result
in error messages about failure due to broken connections (with no hint
as to what the real problem is). I gave up at that point.

Remove Adobe altogether and get Foxit Reader. It's smaller, so
presumably has less to go wrong.

I use PDF-XChange Viewer, but very, very, VERY occasionally, there is
something which it doesn't handle properly - but Adobe Reader does. I
once used Foxit, and it too had the occasion problem. So whatever you do
use instead, it's probably best to keep Adobe up your sleeve in case you
need it.
--
Ian
Old September 25th 13, 03:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham C

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:13:48 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , Roderick
Stewart writes
wrote:

[...]

I too had problems with an earlier Foxit version but the latest ones
seem 100%.

Trouble with Adobe is it isn't 'up your sleeve'. It's an enormous
bloated piece of software which like Flash seems to need updating
every month.

Grahamc
Old September 25th 13, 08:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message , Graham C
writes
On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:13:48 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , Roderick
Stewart writes
wrote:

[...]

Have portable version on a stick? The latest seems to be V11.
--
Ian