Mysterious bleeps night and morning

Old August 18th 13, 01:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_3_]

Default Mysterious bleeps night and morning

Earlier this year I began to hear 14 bleeps every evening at 7.30. I
assumed that they were coming from the computer and at first thought it
was coming from the BIOS or from some program that sounded an alarm. Not
finding any reason for it I turned the computer off just before the time
but the bleeps continued.. I had also found that it also beeped at
7.30am. When the clocks changed in the Spring the evening bleeps changed
to 8.30 but the morning ones remained at 7.30,
The TV, PVR and Digital STB are fairly close to the computer so they
were then thought to be the culprit, I unplugged each one separately and
then all of them together but still the bleeps continued. I unplugged
the phone as well although it is in the wrong position to be the source
of the sound.
Over time the bleeps have become a few minutes later.
I tried this question on a computer NG and on a technical forum without
anyone making a suggestion to cure it.
Any thoughts?
Derek

Old August 18th 13, 02:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_2_]

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 01:02:21 +0100, Derek F
wrote:

[...]

BTDTGTTS. Drove me mad for months.

Think small battery operated toy or watch deep in a drawer or
cupboard.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old August 18th 13, 08:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

Or a pager if you ever had one?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old August 18th 13, 10:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_8_]

Martin wrote:

Derek F wrote:

Earlier this year I began to hear 14 bleeps every evening at 7.30.

Electricity metre?

We still buy it by the yard.

Old August 18th 13, 11:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_3_]

On 18/08/2013 10:12, Andy Burns wrote:
Martin wrote:

Derek F wrote:

Earlier this year I began to hear 14 bleeps every evening at 7.30.

Electricity metre?

We still buy it by the yard.

Your lucky we buy it by the Pound.
We live in a block of flats and the meters are in the basement....like
down floor flights of stairs, outside turn left down a flight of steps,
open door and walk fifty yards.
Derek
Old August 18th 13, 11:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Nothing like that found and drawers and cupboards are in the other
direction.
Derek

Old August 18th 13, 11:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_3_]

On 18/08/2013 09:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
Or smoke alarm of a reasonable vintage.
Brian

Different sound from smoke alarm yelling for a new battery and they are
in kitchen and hall.
But a very abbreviated smoke alarm story from two weeks ago
90 year old neighbours smoke alarm started bleeping as it needed new
battery. Her son who calls in every day was on holiday. The caretaker of
the flats was on holiday and the stand in got a new battery but could
not get the detector opened to replace it so it bleeped all night.
When her carer came to attend to her in the morning she decided to
phone the Fire Brigade. An officer came in a car and decided that it was
an electrical fault affecting the whole building and that Health and
Safety prevented him from doing anything about and suggested that the
buildings management company should be contacted.
The carer asked my wife for the number for the management company. My
wife suggested that she contact one of the ladies many grandchildren.
One came along and battery replaced.
Derek

Old August 18th 13, 11:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:21:37 +0100
Derek F wrote:

floor flights of stairs,