Mysterious bleeps night and morning

Old September 19th 13, 11:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_3_]

Default Mysterious bleeps night and morning

On 19/09/2013 13:42, Steve Thackery wrote:
Alan White wrote:

I came to the conclusion some time ago that he's a troll and I kill
filed him.

I agree - if not a troll, then certainly a time-waster.

I just asked a question. No need for those not interested to reply or
waste their time reading it.
I put it on this NG for suggestions on other items in the room that
might be the cause.

--
Derek.
Old September 19th 13, 11:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_3_]

On 19/09/2013 19:46, Bill Wright wrote:
Steve Thackery wrote:

I agree - if not a troll, then certainly a time-waster.

I thought the whole point of newsgroups was to waste time. They do so,
after all, with admirable efficiency.

Bill

This one certainly has. And like most threads let the conversation drift
to subjects outside it.

--
Derek.
Old September 19th 13, 11:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_3_]

On 19/09/2013 11:47, Davey wrote:
On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:31:48 +0100
Derek F wrote:

On 19/09/2013 09:22, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 16:04:34 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

W hat was the final outcome? Or have you given up trying to
solve it and we can all rest in peace?
--
Dave W

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints:
---

SNAFU.
I E-Mailed Asus the MB maker last week for their opinion. So far
just an acknowledgement.
Be interesting though to see what happens when the clocks change
in October.

Is it definitely the PC? Moving it temporarily to another room
would seem the obvious way of confirming this.

As it has been said (I think several times), it's highly unlikely
that a mains-powered PC will be capable of producing any sounds at
all when it's powered down - and even more so if the mains supply
to it is switched off. Presumably the OP has actually/eventually
done this?

The trouble is that we're trying to diagnose a problem with only
partial information, and our repeated requests for more information
apparently falling on deaf ears. It's an intriguing problem and I'm
sure we'd all sleep easier if we knew the solution, but we still
don't know if the OP has even tried any of the simple tests that
we'd all have done straight away, and if he has tried them, he
isn't saying what the results were. It was interesting when there
was a chance of success, but it's rapidly becoming boring.

Rod.

I have been trying suggestions from various sources since March and
answering points made to me. I have not taken the computer out of the
room. Nor have I turned the power off at the mains as that will cause
problems with some other devices like my Technika STB.

I thought that that was the most likely to help define the problem's
location, so would have been worth doing some time ago.

As I've said I try to avoid moving my heavy beast of a computer further
than on to a nearby table.

--
Derek.
Old November 11th 13, 11:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Derek F[_4_]

On 18/09/2013 12:50, Tim+ wrote:
Derek F wrote:
On 17/09/2013 00:06, Dave W wrote:
On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 01:02:21 +0100, Derek F
wrote:

Earlier this year I began to hear 14 bleeps every evening at 7.30. I
assumed that they were coming from the computer and at first
thought it was coming from the BIOS or from some program that
sounded an alarm. Not finding any reason for it I turned the
computer off just before the time but the bleeps continued.. I had
also found that it also beeped at 7.30am. When the clocks changed in
the Spring the evening bleeps
changed to 8.30 but the morning ones remained at 7.30,
The TV, PVR and Digital STB are fairly close to the computer so they
were then thought to be the culprit, I unplugged each one
separately and then all of them together but still the bleeps
continued. I unplugged the phone as well although it is in the
wrong position to be the source of the sound.
Over time the bleeps have become a few minutes later.
I tried this question on a computer NG and on a technical forum
without anyone making a suggestion to cure it.
Any thoughts?
Derek

W hat was the final outcome? Or have you given up trying to solve it
and we can all rest in peace?
--
Dave W

SNAFU.
I E-Mailed Asus the MB maker last week for their opinion. So far just
an acknowledgement.
Be interesting though to see what happens when the clocks change in
October.

Is it definitely the PC? Moving it temporarily to another room would
seem the obvious way of confirming this.

Tim

I missed the reply from Asus as the link to it was hidden in their
acknowledgement to my E-Mail and I had to get it from their site.
Not a lot of help as it is out of warranty:

"Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is john and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Thus I suggest you RMA your mobo to solve the problem.
Would you help to double check the S/N on the motherboard and provide it
to me?
The S/N is combined with 12 characters, such as A9M0XXXXXXXX, the third
character is " M" means motherboard.
I need the S/N to check if the motherboard is under the local warranty
in UK.
And the S/N is necessary for RMA service.
You could refer to the attchament for help.

Welcome to refer Troubleshooting & FAQ for ASUS products in ASUS website:
http://support.asus.com/servicehome.aspx?SLanguage=en

If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not
hesitate to contact us"

Derek.
Old November 11th 13, 11:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Perhaps the neighbour has a bird that mimics the pips.

I must say I did wonder about this issue at the time. It should be possible
to isolat it surely.
Btrian

Email:

Old November 12th 13, 07:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+

"Brian Gaff" wrote:
Perhaps the neighbour has a bird that mimics the pips.

I must say I did wonder about this issue at the time. It should be possible
to isolat it surely.
Btrian

Yes, trivially easy. Derek is just trolling.

Tim
Old November 12th 13, 08:13 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan White[_2_]

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 07:53:30 +0000, Tim+
wrote:

Derek is just trolling.

Again.

--
Alan White
Mozilla Firefox and Forte Agent.
Old November 12th 13, 11:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark[_7_]

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:36:37 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Perhaps the neighbour has a bird that mimics the pips.

One place I lived the starlings used to mimic the burglar alarms.
(true).
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old November 12th 13, 11:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

wrote:

Perhaps the neighbour has a bird that mimics the pips.

One place I lived the starlings used to mimic the burglar alarms.
(true).

We used to have a trimphone bird.