A trick of the weather.

Old June 3rd 13, 06:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

Default A trick of the weather.

A nice sunny day - I could be out in the shed waving spanners at something.

Equally suddenly - freeview reception has been acceptable, so I sat watching
telly instead.

Old June 4th 13, 07:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Thats no good. you should be outside getting hay or gras or tree fever and
have your eyes running all day.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old June 4th 13, 03:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Thats no good. you should be outside getting hay or gras or tree fever and
have your eyes running all day.

There seems to be an invasion by hairy-arsed bees since the weather
improved!

Old June 4th 13, 04:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Ian Field wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Thats no good. you should be outside getting hay or gras or tree fever
and have your eyes running all day.

There seems to be an invasion by hairy-arsed bees since the weather
improved!

Yup - had a couple of bushes covered in them. Seemed docile enough though
- not the killer sort.

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old June 4th 13, 06:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Thats no good. you should be outside getting hay or gras or tree fever and
have your eyes running all day.

After a couple of cans of mega-caffeine drinks I finally managed to haul my
butt out of the armchair.

Replaced the gear cable on my mountain bike and final adjustment of the
brake cable I replaced during the last bout of hyperactivity.

I'll need a really big bout of hyperactivity to replace the gaiters on the
front forks!

Old June 5th 13, 12:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

In message , Ian Field
writes

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Thats no good. you should be outside getting hay or gras or tree
fever and have your eyes running all day.

After a couple of cans of mega-caffeine drinks I finally managed to
haul my butt out of the armchair.

Replaced the gear cable on my mountain bike and final adjustment of the
brake cable I replaced during the last bout of hyperactivity.

I'll need a really big bout of hyperactivity to replace the gaiters on
the front forks!

Probably need an even bigger bout to actually get on the bike.
:)
--
Ian
Old June 5th 13, 11:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , Ian Field
wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Thats no good. you should be outside getting hay or gras or tree
fever and have your eyes running all day.

There seems to be an invasion by hairy-arsed bees since the weather
improved!

Yup - had a couple of bushes covered in them. Seemed docile enough
though - not the killer sort.

Large bumble bees generally seem fairly docile. Yesterday I wanted to strim
the grass. Found a bumble bee in one of the areas I wanted to cut. At first
I could not decide if it was sleeping. So I got a stick and gently pushed
it with the side of the stick. It started to move, so I managed to get it
to climb onto the stick. I then walked the bee-on-a-stick down the garden
and put it down well away from the grass. It was just walking slowly along
the stick.

IIRC when passive it takes them some time to warm up enough to fly or be
really active. So they should be OK if treated gently and slowly.

Slainte,

Old June 5th 13, 04:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:17:36 +0100, Jim Lesurf
wrote:

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , Ian Field
wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
[...]

I have several times urged a sluggish bee into the palm of my hand in
colder weather. They seem to enjoy the warmth and often it's difficult
to persuade them to leave. Wonderful creatures.