Seeking a media player which will restart files where I left off...

Old June 1st 13, 04:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Lobster

Default Seeking a media player which will restart files where I left off...

I'm looking for a media player - ie something to play video files from
an SD disk/USB drive whatever, but have a slightly unusual specification
which is not something that ever seems to be highlighted in the bumf.

I want to use this device with a TV which currently sits in our spare
room at the end of my rowing machine, as basically the only way I can
summon up the enthusiasm to use the rower is to watch films or TV
serials at the same time. This particular TV has a built-in DVD player
which is great in that when I've finished my session (which doesn't have
to coincide with the end of an episode) I just switch off the DVD/TV and
next day, it restarts in exactly the same place I left off, with no
faffing about. (The VM Tivo box downstairs in the living room does
exactly the same behaviour.)

I'd now like to be able to move away conveniently from DVDs to
solid-state media, and I don't need a high-quality box for exercising
to; however for me a deal-breaker is the ability to stop-start playback
at least a day apart. Can anybody please confirm which models they know
of which do it, so I can at least prepare a shortlist?

Many thanks
--
David
Old June 4th 13, 10:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy[_9_]

On 01/06/2013 17:14, Lobster wrote:
[...]

WD TV Live will do that -
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/homee.../mediaplayers/

I'm sure most media players of this ilk will do it - Roku, Apple, Boxee