Such a thing as a CT100 coax tacker

Old May 22nd 13, 03:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Such a thing as a CT100 coax tacker

I'm looking for some kind of cable tacker that will do my CT100 coax, i
can find loads of CT100 staples but no mention of a CT100 gun, does
anyone know if such a thing is around I have tried eBay but most say no
it won't work but my only option can't be those nasty cable clips, can
they?

Old May 22nd 13, 03:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Sara

In article om,
Jim wrote:

I'm looking for some kind of cable tacker that will do my CT100 coax, i
can find loads of CT100 staples but no mention of a CT100 gun, does
anyone know if such a thing is around I have tried eBay but most say no
it won't work but my only option can't be those nasty cable clips, can
they?

I've got something that has stapled everything I've thrown it at so far.
I'll see what it is when I get home. It's deffo cheap and cheerful, I
wouldn't have spent silly money on something like that. So far I've used
it for 'phone cables, ethernet cables, aerial extensions and whatever
you call the stuff that Virgin uses.

--
Sara

cats cats cats cats cats
Old May 22nd 13, 04:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Jim wrote:
I'm looking for some kind of cable tacker that will do my CT100 coax, i
can find loads of CT100 staples but no mention of a CT100 gun, does
anyone know if such a thing is around I have tried eBay but most say no
it won't work but my only option can't be those nasty cable clips, can
they?

Jim

The one you want is a T25, with 9/16" staples.

http://cpc.farnell.com/arrow-fastene...ker/dp/TL08693

http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/33715-sta...fasteners.html

In use tilt the gun forward slightly, then as you pull the trigger tilt
back. This is so the cable isn't deformed. Tilting forward is so the
staple doesn't go into the cable.

If you find you are repeatedly getting one leg of the staples into the
cable take them out of the gun and put them in the other way round.

This fixing method is OK for wood but not for plaster, mortar, dense
chipboard, etc.

Old May 22nd 13, 04:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Sara

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

Jim wrote:
I'm looking for some kind of cable tacker that will do my CT100 coax, i
can find loads of CT100 staples but no mention of a CT100 gun, does
anyone know if such a thing is around I have tried eBay but most say no
it won't work but my only option can't be those nasty cable clips, can
they?

Jim

The one you want is a T25, with 9/16" staples.

http://cpc.farnell.com/arrow-fastene...ker/dp/TL08693

http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/33715-sta...25-916-staple-
arrow-fasteners.html

In use tilt the gun forward slightly, then as you pull the trigger tilt
back. This is so the cable isn't deformed. Tilting forward is so the
staple doesn't go into the cable.

If you find you are repeatedly getting one leg of the staples into the
cable take them out of the gun and put them in the other way round.

This fixing method is OK for wood but not for plaster, mortar, dense
chipboard, etc.

Bill

Those are the same staples that I use, but my stapler is electric.

--
Sara

cats cats cats cats cats
Old May 23rd 13, 01:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 22/05/2013 16:06, Bill Wright wrote:
Jim wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the links Bill, I'll bung my order in later today (after I
have heard back from you), out of interest i presume this gun will do
simple bt phone cable as well any idea on what staples would be needed
for that as well.

Old May 23rd 13, 01:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Jim wrote:

Thanks for the links Bill, I'll bung my order in later today (after I
have heard back from you), out of interest i presume this gun will do
simple bt phone cable as well any idea on what staples would be needed
for that as well.

Jim

That gun will do staples of different lengths but only ones that are 6mm
(approx) between legs.

If you have a look at the manufacturer's website you will get an idea of
other types available.

Old May 23rd 13, 06:13 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Sara

Jim wrote:
I'm looking for some kind of cable tacker that will do my CT100 coax,
i can find loads of CT100 staples but no mention of a CT100 gun, does
anyone know if such a thing is around I have tried eBay but most say
no it won't work but my only option can't be those nasty cable clips,
can they?

Jim

The one you want is a T25, with 9/16" staples.

http://cpc.farnell.com/arrow-fastene...ker/dp/TL08693

http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/33715-sta...-t25-916-stapl
e-arrow-fasteners.html

In use tilt the gun forward slightly, then as you pull the trigger
tilt back. This is so the cable isn't deformed. Tilting forward is so
the staple doesn't go into the cable.

If you find you are repeatedly getting one leg of the staples into the
cable take them out of the gun and put them in the other way round.

This fixing method is OK for wood but not for plaster, mortar, dense
chipboard, etc.

Bill

Thanks for the links Bill, I'll bung my order in later today (after I
have heard back from you), out of interest i presume this gun will do
simple bt phone cable as well any idea on what staples would be needed
for that as well.

Jim

For anyone who prefers an electric one, mine's so old it isn't listed
any more, but it's pretty much this jobbie:
http://www.arrowstaples.co.uk/arret5...ectric-t50-sta
ple-gun.html

--
Billy doesn't clean his paws often enough. Mucky cat.
Old May 23rd 13, 10:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message
, Sara
writes

Jim wrote:
[...]

With this sort of stapler, if used without caution, isn't there the
possibility of the staple crushing the coax, and lowering its impedance
at that point? If so, then on long runs, if the stapling is done
'neatly' at regular intervals, there is some possibility of producing a
suck outs.
--
Ian
Old May 23rd 13, 10:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Sara

In article ,
Ian Jackson wrote:

In message
, Sara
writes

Jim wrote:
I'm looking for some kind of cable tacker that will do my CT100 coax,
i can find loads of CT100 staples but no mention of a CT100 gun, does
anyone know if such a thing is around I have tried eBay but most say
no it won't work but my only option can't be those nasty cable clips,
can they?

Jim
The one you want is a T25, with 9/16" staples.

http://cpc.farnell.com/arrow-fastene...ker/dp/TL08693

http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/33715-sta...14mm-t25-916-s
tapl
e-arrow-fasteners.html

[...]

No idea - I'v never had a problem. There are alternate staple that have
a sort of cap across the top, maybe that's what they're for?

--
Sara

cats cats cats cats cats
Old May 23rd 13, 11:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Sara wrote:

For anyone who prefers an electric one, mine's so old it isn't listed
any more, but it's pretty much this jobbie:
http://www.arrowstaples.co.uk/arret5...ectric-t50-sta
ple-gun.html

Do you use it to staple Rog's ears to the floor if he says 'lady'?