Such a thing as a CT100 coax tacker

Old May 23rd 13, 11:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Sara

Default Such a thing as a CT100 coax tacker

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

Sara wrote:

For anyone who prefers an electric one, mine's so old it isn't listed
any more, but it's pretty much this jobbie:
http://www.arrowstaples.co.uk/arret5...ectric-t50-sta
ple-gun.html

Do you use it to staple Rog's ears to the floor if he says 'lady'?

Bill

Only in a situation where he wouldn't say 'gentleman' to man ;-)

--
Sara

cats cats cats cats cats
Old May 23rd 13, 11:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Ian Jackson wrote:

With this sort of stapler, if used without caution, isn't there the
possibility of the staple crushing the coax, and lowering its impedance
at that point? If so, then on long runs, if the stapling is done
'neatly' at regular intervals, there is some possibility of producing a
suck outs.

See my original suggestions for the mode d'emploi.

Old May 23rd 13, 12:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Sara wrote:
In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

Sara wrote:

For anyone who prefers an electric one, mine's so old it isn't listed
any more, but it's pretty much this jobbie:
http://www.arrowstaples.co.uk/arret5...ectric-t50-sta
ple-gun.html

Do you use it to staple Rog's ears to the floor if he says 'lady'?

Bill

Only in a situation where he wouldn't say 'gentleman' to man ;-)

You're firm but fair, I'll grant you that. By the way, have you ever
thought of going into the BDSM business? You have the electric staple
gun; so why not?

Old May 23rd 13, 12:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message , Bill Wright
writes
Ian Jackson wrote:

With this sort of stapler, if used without caution, isn't there the
possibility of the staple crushing the coax, and lowering its
impedance at that point? If so, then on long runs, if the stapling is
done 'neatly' at regular intervals, there is some possibility of
producing a suck outs.

See my original suggestions for the mode d'emploi.

Seen and noted.
--
Ian
Old May 23rd 13, 01:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Sara

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

Sara wrote:
In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

Sara wrote:

For anyone who prefers an electric one, mine's so old it isn't listed
any more, but it's pretty much this jobbie:
http://www.arrowstaples.co.uk/arret5...ectric-t50-sta
ple-gun.html

Do you use it to staple Rog's ears to the floor if he says 'lady'?

Bill

Only in a situation where he wouldn't say 'gentleman' to man ;-)

You're firm but fair, I'll grant you that. By the way, have you ever
thought of going into the BDSM business? You have the electric staple
gun; so why not?

Bill

I think I'd get bored.

--
Sara

cats cats cats cats cats
Old May 23rd 13, 04:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 23/05/2013 13:08, Bill Wright wrote:
Sara wrote:
In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

Sara wrote:

For anyone who prefers an electric one, mine's so old it isn't
listed any more, but it's pretty much this jobbie:
http://www.arrowstaples.co.uk/arret5...ectric-t50-sta
ple-gun.html

Do you use it to staple Rog's ears to the floor if he says 'lady'?

Bill

Only in a situation where he wouldn't say 'gentleman' to man ;-)

You're firm but fair, I'll grant you that. By the way, have you ever
thought of going into the BDSM business? You have the electric staple
gun; so why not?

Bill

Sounds like a volunteer to me !!!!!!
Old May 23rd 13, 05:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Thackery[_2_]

Bill Wright wrote:

In use tilt the gun forward slightly, then as you pull the trigger
tilt back. This is so the cable isn't deformed. Tilting forward is so
the staple doesn't go into the cable.

Hey, Bill, sorry but could you explain this one again? I haven't quite
got what happens / why it works when you do the tilting back and forth
thing.

Thanks.

--
SteveT
Old May 23rd 13, 05:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Sara wrote:

You're firm but fair, I'll grant you that. By the way, have you ever
thought of going into the BDSM business? You have the electric staple
gun; so why not?

Bill

I think I'd get bored.

No it's the customer who gets bored... or pierced...

Old May 23rd 13, 05:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Steve Thackery wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

In use tilt the gun forward slightly, then as you pull the trigger
tilt back. This is so the cable isn't deformed. Tilting forward is so
the staple doesn't go into the cable.

Hey, Bill, sorry but could you explain this one again? I haven't quite
got what happens / why it works when you do the tilting back and forth
thing.

Thanks.

Well when you're positioning the gun over the cable you need the front
of it well down so there's less chance of the staple going into the
cable. But then as you pull the trigger you can tilt back a bit. That
tends to bring the cable back with the gun, but also restricts the depth
the stable penetrates the wood and thus reduces cable deforming. This
seems to work with 6mm to 6.5mm cables, but not smaller ones. It's very
much a case of experimenting because a lot depends on the type of cable
and the hardness of the wood.

With practice it's possible to do really nice neat work with these guns.

Old May 23rd 13, 10:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Thackery[_2_]

Ah, OK. Thanks, Bill.

--
SteveT