Ch 5 are aload of idiots.

Old May 22nd 13, 07:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Ch 5 are aload of idiots.

Well no I'm not going to moan about their competitions that a trained iguana
could get right, its their audio description.
Monday and tuesday night had a two part CSI. the gimmick is the first was
Las Vagas, the second New York, but they were parts of the same story.
They audio describe the first part and not the second part. Taking the ****
or what. OK, its only a tv show, but with this level of care for disabled,
I'm just glad they are not running anything more important than a tv
channel.
I have sent them an email, but my thoughts are that they seemed to stop AD
on new york and my guess is that the funding is only for the las vagas
series so instead of considering the daft implication of only doing the one,
they went ahead and did the one cos its las vagas, and did not do the new
york.

Completely hat stand.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old May 22nd 13, 07:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike[_21_]

On 22/05/2013 07:54, Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

Brian

The BBC aren't much better.

Old May 22nd 13, 11:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
[...]

Also those were not included in the Series Link for CSI Las Vegas, so my
assumption that I had recorded them turned out to be misguided.
--
Ian
Old May 22nd 13, 12:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well, I'm not sure why, but I see the last series of baby cars, erm top
Gear, was not AD, but then I'd not want to actually learn about cars myself,
and you stand little chance of learning much from that bunch of kinda Garten
presenters anyway.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
****

Old May 22nd 13, 01:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I'm not surprised aat all. Is there anyone actually living over there any
more or is it being run by a bunch of robots?

You will I expect find it on 5USA in the fulness of time.

Also as it must have been some kind of gimmick as if they had spent time
tweaking the script all of it could have been put into one slightly extended
show.
I wonder what the legalities are of getting your own company to do AD on
stuff and then flogging it at cost to blind viewers. Certainly the books
and other written media has an exemption in law from copyright if the
media does not exist in an accessible form already.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Ian" wrote in message
news
In message , Brian Gaff
writes

Old May 24th 13, 10:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Well no I'm not going to moan about their competitions that a trained
iguana
could get right, its their audio description.

I remember a CH5 weather forecast going on about what a lovely warm sunny
day it was while it was ****ing with rain - doesn't their studio have any
windows?!

Old May 24th 13, 11:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Ian Field wrote:

I remember a CH5 weather forecast going on about what a lovely warm
sunny day it was while it was ****ing with rain - doesn't their studio
have any windows?!

Maybe it was nice where they were.

Old May 25th 13, 07:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

So all those with series link issues can now write and have a moan as well.
as I suspected, they did not engage their brains before acting.

Brian

Date: 24th May 2013

Dear Brian

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding CSI: New York which we are
responding to on behalf of Julie Miller.

The episode transmitted on 21st May is part of Series 9 which is due to be
transmitted on Channel 5 later this year and is not technically part of the
current series of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Unfortunately, when
arranging for audio description tracks for the current series of CSI: Crime
Scene Investigation, we did not arrange for a track for the single episode
of CSI: New York included as part of this run. This was an oversight on our
part and we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you.

When Series 9 of CSI: New York is transmitted in full on Channel 5, we are
planning to broadcast an audio description track with each episode including
the one transmitted on Tuesday. We very much hope that you enjoy the
conclusion of the crossover episode in the future.

In the meantime, we have logged your complaint in the Viewer Enquiries
Report which is circulated throughout the company.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

Yours sincerely

Terry
VIEWER ADVISOR

Please note that the contact details for Channel 5 Customer Services are as
follows:

Telephone: 0845 7 05 05 05 / 020 8612
7700
Text telephone for use by deaf people: 0845 7 41 37 87
E-mail:

Fax: 020 8612 7686

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old May 25th 13, 07:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On the other hand it might have been written by the bloke who sets their
competitions.
What is the currency of the USA?

Really?

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old May 25th 13, 10:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Nah, I have a feeling the dvds do not have AD.
In any case there are issues over how to find the right menu option if it
did.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Martin" wrote in message
news

[...]