Reception - prevailing conditions.

Old May 25th 13, 02:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Thackery[_2_]

Default Reception - prevailing conditions.

Ian Field wrote:

Why would I do that when you're not!

Take a look at the website for the National Physical Laboratory. The
time standard transmitter isn't, and never was, called 'MSF60'.

Or were you talking about the "net cop" thing? Well, you'd be wrong
again. You can be as sarcastic as you like to Brian for all I care -
he doesn't need me to defend him, so I'm not doing any "net copping".
Rather, I loved the irony of you correcting somebody in a smart-alec
way whilst yourself being wrong, which is why I mocked you. Hoist by
your own petard, and all that. It's a shame you aren't emotionally
mature enough to admit it.

Anyway, I can't believe anybody but us two are remotely interested in
this ridiculous discussion, so I'll stop right now and cordially invite
you to have the last word, viz:

--
SteveT
Old May 28th 13, 01:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

"Davey" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 May 2013 01:07:09 +0100
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

I blame the mutant haggis myself.

Brian

Was that the subject of a film? If not, it should be.

Nah - zombie haggis.

Old May 29th 13, 07:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]

On Wed, 22 May 2013 10:05:08 +0100, charles
wrote:

stay greasing?

Said the skipper to the engineman.
Old May 30th 13, 12:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Wed, 22 May 2013 10:05:08 +0100, charles

Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
On Tue, 21 May 2013 22:34:07 +0100, Woody
wrote:

It is also worth looking on the NPL web site
(www.npl.co.uk/time/msf) as MSF seems to be taken down for
maintenance far far more often than the (usual) once a year when
it was at Rugby. I know, I get a warning e-mail every time!

It was down for maintenance quite a lot when it was at Rugby as
well. Usually most of the day on the first Tuesday of the month
and for an extended period some time over the summer as I remember.
Quite why it needed all that I really don't know. No other
transmitters seem to need it.

stay greasing?

A little bird tells me that the stays are currently being greased at a
main TV site which is in the middle of a field of xxxx. The farmer has
demanded 50k compensation from yyyyyy for damage to his crop by the
work being carried out.