+1 channels

Old May 18th 13, 10:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Champ[_2_]

Default +1 channels

On 18/05/2013 22:15, John Hall wrote:
I perhaps ought to do the same. As I get older, I find it increasingly
hard to remember what has been happening from one week's episode to the
next.

That's not always age. Sometimes nothing happened

Andy
Old May 19th 13, 12:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

In message , Andy Champ
writes
On 18/05/2013 22:15, John Hall wrote:
I perhaps ought to do the same. As I get older, I find it increasingly
hard to remember what has been happening from one week's episode to the
next.

That's not always age. Sometimes nothing happened

Andy

In the case of soaps, you just have to watch a different one, and you'll
know what you missed.

Currently, there are four soaps with a female character who is secretly
addicted to painkillers.
--
Ian
Old May 19th 13, 01:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_2_]

In article , nospam_nov03
@jhall.co.uk says...

In article ,
Yellow writes:
I do not tend to watch a series until I have it all. While this risks
spoilers, it means I do not waste my time on the early episodes if it
turns out to be rubbish - I just delete it.

I perhaps ought to do the same. As I get older, I find it increasingly
hard to remember what has been happening from one week's episode to the
next.

That's another good reason to get the whole series first - no waiting
for the next episode.
Old May 19th 13, 10:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Sat, 18 May 2013 20:22:44 +0100, Yellow wrote:

I do not tend to watch a series until I have it all. While this risks
spoilers, it means I do not waste my time on the early episodes if it
turns out to be rubbish - I just delete it.

It isn't even necessary to wait. The delete button on my recorder
works on the list of programmes to be recorded, just as effectively as
on the recordings that have already been done. You can watch the first
episode any time, and if it's rubbish you can save your machine the
wear and tear of recording the rest.

Old May 19th 13, 11:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark[_6_]

On Sat, 18 May 2013 22:15:12 +0100, John Hall

Yellow writes:
I do not tend to watch a series until I have it all. While this risks
spoilers, it means I do not waste my time on the early episodes if it
turns out to be rubbish - I just delete it.

I perhaps ought to do the same. As I get older, I find it increasingly
hard to remember what has been happening from one week's episode to the
next.

I've always found it hard to remember from one week to another. The
PVR is a great help,

Old May 19th 13, 01:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Ian wrote:
Currently, there are four soaps with a female character who is secretly
addicted to painkillers.

More understandable if it were the audience.

--
*It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old May 19th 13, 03:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall

In article ,
Yellow writes:
In article , nospam_nov03
says...

In article ,
Yellow writes:
I do not tend to watch a series until I have it all. While this risks
spoilers, it means I do not waste my time on the early episodes if it
turns out to be rubbish - I just delete it.

I perhaps ought to do the same. As I get older, I find it increasingly
hard to remember what has been happening from one week's episode to the
next.

That's another good reason to get the whole series first - no waiting
for the next episode.

Yes, that was my point.
--
John Hall
"Sir, I have found you an argument;
Old May 19th 13, 06:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

In message , Martin
writes
On Sun, 19 May 2013 13:44:00 +0100, Yellow wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 19 May 2013 10:18:27 +0100, Roderick Stewart
wrote:

On Sat, 18 May 2013 20:22:44 +0100, Yellow wrote:

I do not tend to watch a series until I have it all. While this risks
spoilers, it means I do not waste my time on the early episodes if it
turns out to be rubbish - I just delete it.

It isn't even necessary to wait. The delete button on my recorder
works on the list of programmes to be recorded, just as effectively as
on the recordings that have already been done. You can watch the first
episode any time, and if it's rubbish you can save your machine the
wear and tear of recording the rest.

Very occasionally a series will improve, but not often enough to not
do what you recommend.

Agreed, and sometimes they start really well but have a dreadful ending.

More often than not. Not to mention all the loose ends in detective
series.

Also, I noted that in "Mayday", the killer turned out to be a former
police officer's husband, and in Broadchurch, he turned out to be the
husband of a police officer investigating the case.

I wonder if they were written by the same former police officer.
:)
--
Ian
Old May 20th 13, 08:31 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark[_6_]

On Sun, 19 May 2013 13:05:12 +0200, Martin wrote:

Yellow writes:
I do not tend to watch a series until I have it all. While this risks
spoilers, it means I do not waste my time on the early episodes if it
turns out to be rubbish - I just delete it.

I perhaps ought to do the same. As I get older, I find it increasingly
hard to remember what has been happening from one week's episode to the
next.

I've always found it hard to remember from one week to another. The
PVR is a great help,

The ten minute summaries at the beginning of each episode helps.

Nothing I watch has 10 minute summaries at the beginning.