Humax 9200 and Windows 8

Old May 30th 15, 11:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default Humax 9200 and Windows 8

On Monday, 8 April 2013 21:00:53 UTC+1, Victor Delta wrote:
Has anyone managed to download files from a Humax 9200 to a pc running on
Windows 8?

I tried to connect my Humax to a new laptop today but Windows 8 would not
recognise the driver supplied with Andy Chappell's Media Controller. Nor
would it work with Humax's Media elinker software as, apparently, a
necessary dll file is missing.

Any advice please?

******

I have a program on my W8 pc that would not run so I had to right click on
the program and go to Compatibility and do that, maybe that is what you need
to do in your case.
Regards
David

Thanks for that, David.

Actually after a bit more googling I found the answer in this helpful blog.
For Windows 7 64 bit read Windows 8 64 bit! http://myhumax.org/blog/?tag=pvr

The only problem came when Windows would not installed the unsigned driver,
but following the information here
http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-...-in-windows-8/
quickly overcame this problem.

Now all is working fine!

I have tried to get my 9200T connected to my desktop, running Windows 8.1 and got as far as installing a driver that windows accepted (after disabling driver signature enforcement of course). However I still cannot get the Andy Chappels Media Controller to connect!