why bother with a pvr

Old July 2nd 03, 08:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dom Robinson

Default why bother with a pvr

In article ,
says...
The only problem then is if you want to watch something on the other

side
straight after.

Not a problem at all. Just set the two programmes up to record, or even

just
the second one and then watch it after you've finished watching the first.

that is true, but it does mean you are behind with everything. it is ok if
you watch a lot of T.V I suppose.
not my sort of thing.

Obviously you don't have a PVR. When you have one, you regularly find you're
technically behind with everything on TV that day.

I'll usually come in from work, watch 2 or 3 things I've recorded during the
day (eg. Neighbours, Working Lunch) and then start on early evening stuff like
BBLB and Hollyoaks. There might be nothing on TV until Big Brother at 10 after
that, so I'll go and do something else until about 10.10 and watch BB.

Basically, once you have a PVR you'll do this so as to avoid the adverts and
to tailor the schedules to suit yourself. For example, I'll sometimes save a
few shows for a Sunday afternoon because there's absolutely nothing else on at
all.
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/*