Freeview TV listings Magazine...

Old May 4th 04, 01:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ricky

Default Freeview TV listings Magazine...

A few months back we kept on hearing news stories about how many
millions of people now have freeview boxes...

Which set me wondering:

Surely there is now a gap in the market for a TV listings magazine
which lists all (and only) the Freeview channels.

I currently buy "TV and Satellite Week" as it has all the main
Freeview channels (i.e. BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, ITV1, ITV2, Channel 4 and
Five) on a single double page per day. It used to be better when BBC4
was also on the same page.

But this has some down sides - I get listings for Sky One, Sky One Mix
and E4 on the same page (and I don't receive them) and the rest of the
Freeview channels are hidden amongst loads of other channels that I
don't get. Also, some channels, e.g. FTN, have their listings tucked
away in a small space with no room for any details about the
programmes (not a great loss in that instance, but I may have missed
something vaguely interesting because the programme title didn't catch
my eye...). And, as far as i am aware, no Radio or TV listings mag
lists the programmes on 6Music or BBC7, etc.

How about a TV listings mag which lists only the Freeview (and TUTV if
you must) channels - including the digital radio channels like BBC7?

What do you lot think?

On a related topic, has anyone out there found one of the other TV
listings mags to be better than TV & Sat week for Freeview listings?

Cheers,

Ric.
Old May 4th 04, 04:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bryan Anderson

On 4th May, Ricky wrote:

Surely there is now a gap in the market for a TV listings
magazine which lists all (and only) the Freeview channels.

/lurk

http://www.radiotimes.com/ does it for me. Can configure the
channels that I receive and the order that I want them to be
listed. Also has a diary facility which will send a sms text
reminder (mind you - 25p each) if you want.

lurk

--
Bryan Anderson www.anderson-it.com
Old May 4th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Fawthrop

Digiguide for me www.gipsymedia.com Not free but well worth the money.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Sick and tired of Junk Snail Mail? Register your family

Old May 4th 04, 08:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
squish

Involves switching computer on though; not the same as having a well
structrured magazine

"Andrew" spamtrap@localhost wrote in message
On 4 May 2004 06:03:32 -0700, (Ricky) wrote:

On a related topic, has anyone out there found one of the other TV
listings mags to be better than TV & Sat week for Freeview listings?

Digiguide has made paper based listings a quaint thing of the past for
me.

Old May 4th 04, 08:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve

On 4th May, Ricky wrote:

Surely there is now a gap in the market for a TV listings
magazine which lists all (and only) the Freeview channels.

/lurk

http://www.radiotimes.com/ does it for me. Can configure the
channels that I receive and the order that I want them to be
listed. Also has a diary facility which will send a sms text
reminder (mind you - 25p each) if you want.

http://www.tvtv.co.uk for me, has similar features to the above.

lurk

Old May 5th 04, 08:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Matt Larkin

On 4th May, Ricky wrote:

Surely there is now a gap in the market for a TV listings
magazine which lists all (and only) the Freeview channels.

/lurk

http://www.radiotimes.com/ does it for me. Can configure the
channels that I receive and the order that I want them to be
listed. Also has a diary facility which will send a sms text
reminder (mind you - 25p each) if you want.

Am I the only one that thinks that the beeb have made the radio times
site unfriendly to freeview viewers? Surely it would be better to
have a pre-selected "freeview" range of channels that would be easily
selected, rather than having to make your own personal selection.

Matt
Old May 5th 04, 09:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ricky

On 4th May, Ricky wrote:

Surely there is now a gap in the market for a TV listings
magazine which lists all (and only) the Freeview channels.

http://www.radiotimes.com/ does it for me. Can configure the
channels that I receive and the order that I want them to be
listed. Also has a diary facility which will send a sms text
reminder (mind you - 25p each) if you want.

http://www.tvtv.co.uk for me, has similar features to the above.

Yes, yes, but its not easy to flick through either of the above whilst
lounging on the sofa... I like a TV listings *magazine*...

Ric.