Faking SCART pin-8

Old December 9th 09, 08:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Clint Sharp

Default Faking SCART pin-8

In message , Clint Sharp
writes
LM1881 or EL4581 set up as the app note wiht the frame sync output

Well, that wasn't meant to post.....
--
Clint Sharp
Old March 7th 17, 11:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Monday, December 7, 2009 at 3:11:07 PM UTC+1, Paul D.Smith wrote:
I have a Nintendo Wii which does not drive the pin-8 select pin on a SCART.
It's otherwise a standard RGB wired cable. Is there any simple way to
fake/drive pin-8 using a SCART socket/plug plus a few components?

Thanks,
Paul DS.

Strange, yesterday my TV to decoder via scart cable all of a sudden made the TV image jump to widescreen and the 2 black 15 cm belts at both sides of the screen dissapeared. This morning it's back to a squarish screen.
What does that mean? A bad connection in the TV on the SCART pin 8? I've changed 2 scart cables now. Can't be those. Would it be at the TV side or the decoder side? So I plug the scart in the TV resp. decoder and see if at the other end of the scart cable I can measure if there is a tension on the 8 pin-Pin 14? It should be the TV that sends that signal to the decoder it can handle widescreen, isn't it?
Thy