Signal booster circuit diagram

Old November 27th 07, 06:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

Default Signal booster circuit diagram

"charles" wrote in message
probably isn't high enough. Hills and mountains tend to get in the way.
The tallest one I saw in Wales was a full height telephone pole + a 10m
scaffold pole + a (probably) 2m 1.5" pole on top of which was a quad MBM
array.

The longest scaffold tubes are 6m.

Old November 27th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"Marky P" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:27:15 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:
Hasn't Bill got an aerial up a tree?

Yes, it was for Waltham. We live on the side of a hill. We don't use it now.
Waltham I mean.

Old November 27th 07, 10:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
probably isn't high enough. Hills and mountains tend to get in the way.
The tallest one I saw in Wales was a full height telephone pole + a 10m
scaffold pole + a (probably) 2m 1.5" pole on top of which was a quad MBM
array.

The longest scaffold tubes are 6m.

Bill

this was 30 years ago.....

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11

Old November 28th 07, 09:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

But what was the cow doing at the top of a mast or in a tree?

I well recall in the 60s, being part of the Rediffusion regional repair
group. The stuff that came back from Wales had to be seen to be believed.
This was a cable system, and a storm wood not only trash the local cable,
but burn holes in the pcbs where the signal came in and we used to repair
them with araldite.

Email:

"Doctor D" wrote in message

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
.uk...
I'm surprised if the static has done it. These days these devices seem
a lot less prone to the demise of the device than, say 10 years ago when
they seemed to have a death wish.

I've often wondered though, if a signal booster is any less of a pain
noise wise on digital than analogue. Yes, you could increase the signal
and contrast of signals with them, but the noise was of course amplified
and any nearby signals tended to intermodulate and create patterning or
desensitisation.

When I lived and worked in mid Wales, any good thunderstorm would remove
several masthead amplifiers as they were often mounted in trees, middle of
fields etc.
I also had some chewed by cattle, and one shot by a farmer blasting crows
on his chimney.

Old November 28th 07, 05:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Lord Turkey Cough

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
.uk...
But what was the cow doing at the top of a mast or in a tree?

Some of them chase after birds you know.
When they get up they can't get back down again.