best dvb-t tuner box

Old November 14th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pr

Default best dvb-t tuner box

Which is most sensitive and resilient to glitches?

any ideas?
Old November 14th 06, 10:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
djc

"pr" wrote in message
news
Which is most sensitive and resilient to glitches?

any ideas?

They are all as bad as each other depending on where and how they are used.

Old November 14th 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PerkyPat

"pr" wrote in message
news
Which is most sensitive and resilient to glitches?

any ideas?

I also need a sensitive receiver, being around 30 miles from the CP
transmitter, north of London.

I've tried half a dozen boxes (from Philips, Daewoo, Humax and one other I
can't remember) and only one hasn't caused me grief.

That one is the Humax F2-FOXT, a Setpal technology model; see
http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/

I also use another Humax, a later model (not Setpal) called the MG-TU1, but
the F2 suffers less from picture break-up and has the advantage (for me) of
an LED on the front showing the current channel number.

Hope this helps a bit.

Old November 15th 06, 09:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pr

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 00:06:59 +0000, PerkyPat wrote:

"pr" wrote in message
news
Which is most sensitive and resilient to glitches?

any ideas?

I also need a sensitive receiver, being around 30 miles from the CP
transmitter, north of London.

I've tried half a dozen boxes (from Philips, Daewoo, Humax and one other I
can't remember) and only one hasn't caused me grief.

That one is the Humax F2-FOXT, a Setpal technology model; see
http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/

I also use another Humax, a later model (not Setpal) called the MG-TU1, but
the F2 suffers less from picture break-up and has the advantage (for me) of
an LED on the front showing the current channel number.

Hope this helps a bit.

Ta, I'll have a look into that, I see its got a couple of awards as
well... any idea where cheapest supplier is?

Old November 15th 06, 05:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pr

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 00:06:59 +0000, PerkyPat wrote:

"pr" wrote in message
news
Which is most sensitive and resilient to glitches?

any ideas?

I also need a sensitive receiver, being around 30 miles from the CP
transmitter, north of London.

I've tried half a dozen boxes (from Philips, Daewoo, Humax and one other I
can't remember) and only one hasn't caused me grief.

That one is the Humax F2-FOXT, a Setpal technology model; see
http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/

I also use another Humax, a later model (not Setpal) called the MG-TU1, but
the F2 suffers less from picture break-up and has the advantage (for me) of
an LED on the front showing the current channel number.

Hope this helps a bit.

Just got one, it seems cool, rock solid picture even on 49% signal
strength...

there were some negative reviews of the box on digitalspy but I havnt
found owt bad with it yet!