O.T. - service info, etc, for DVD recorder

Old November 13th 06, 03:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf

Default O.T. - service info, etc, for DVD recorder

I assume this isn't the correct group for what I really want to ask about,
but I am hoping someone can direct me to the correct group as I don't know
which it might be!

I'd like to get service info, etc, on a Philips DVDR50/051 video recorder.
In particular about:

1) How to adjust the replay gain (not write level) from the optical
sensors.

2) replacement transport unit for the recorder.

I won't go into details here as I assume this isn't the place. (Unless
someone who can help, asks.) But I have established that the optical sensor
output level could do with adjusting, but that if this is out of adjustable
range, a new transport or head assembly would be needed.

I'd replace the unit with a newer model, but I can't find one that does all
that is required (including playing existing recordings as they play on the
above) *and* is mechanically *silent* in operation. Hence the need for
repair if at all possible.

Slainte,

Audio Misc http://www.st-and.demon.co.uk/AudioMisc/index.html
Armstrong Audio http://www.st-and.demon.co.uk/Audio/armstrong.html