who would be right?

Old November 13th 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin

Default who would be right?

So instead of solving the residents' problem, Wembley Stadium is
offering to
give them each an additional monthly bill. I hope the residents got
the
initial "we'll sort it out later" in writing because this latest offer
is
clearly somewhat less than good.

FWIW I happen to know (for absurd & irrelevant reasons) that it was
covered in the planning permission - initially with a plan for a
"self-help transmitter" (the technicalities of which I think others have
explained here before; I can't).

See eg
http://www.brent.gov.uk/commins.nsf/91c4a7bbf366565280256d93008049d6/540dc8ae8e0a7f39802570c100586102/$FILE/5,%20%20tv%20reception,%20stadium.pdf
which includes what seems to me a disingenuous statement:

"A condition had been attached to the stadium permission seeking a
study, and
in the event of a problem, a solution to the impact of the development
on

television reception. This condition has been discharged however the
solution

agreed is no longer feasible given the priority now being given to
digital

television and change in direction by OFCOM."

--
Robin