BBC website - problems

Old November 12th 06, 08:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Watson

Default BBC website - problems

Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today? It
appears to be broken.
--
Steve Watson
Old November 12th 06, 08:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Darran Ames

Steve Watson wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today? It
appears to be broken.

Broken how? Looks okay via a plusnet connection...
Old November 12th 06, 08:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Heslop

Steve Watson wrote:

Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today? It
appears to be broken.
--
Steve Watson

Nope Steve, working fine from Bueyonder network up in the north east.
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Old November 12th 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Steve Watson:
Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today?
It appears to be broken.

Was having problems with BBC and eBay a couple of hours ago on
blueyonder in Brum. Both OK now.

Old November 12th 06, 10:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 20:25:24 +0000, Steve Watson
wrote:

Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today? It
appears to be broken.

If you mean the main page, then yes, it is totally buggered. It causes 100%
CPU load here and I struggle to kill the browser. Other pages seem OK.
God alone knows what they've done to it.
Old November 12th 06, 10:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
DAB sounds worse than FM

Steve Watson wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today?
It appears to be broken.

It's definitely a funny colour at the moment.

Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices:
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/fr..._receivers.php
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab/dab_radios.php

Old November 12th 06, 10:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Watson

Darran Ames wrote:
Steve Watson wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today? It
appears to be broken.

Broken how? Looks okay via a plusnet connection...

I have a duel boot XP/Linux-Ubuntu set-up on a laptop, using the Firefox
browser on both. On XP the formating on the BBC website is all to pot
and none of the links work.
After I posted here I went to the site using Ubuntu - all was working as
it should there.
I've downloaded a new graphics driver in XP but the BBC site is still
mangled- other sites seem OK.

Steve
Old November 12th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article ,
Steve Watson wrote:
Darran Ames wrote:
Steve Watson wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today? It
appears to be broken.

Broken how? Looks okay via a plusnet connection...

I have a duel boot XP/Linux-Ubuntu set-up on a laptop, using the Firefox
browser on both. On XP the formating on the BBC website is all to pot
and none of the links work.
After I posted here I went to the site using Ubuntu - all was working as
it should there.
I've downloaded a new graphics driver in XP but the BBC site is still
mangled- other sites seem OK.

It's my home page. Been fine all day.

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11

Old November 13th 06, 06:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Prometheus

In article , Paul Ratcliffe
writes
wrote:

Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today? It
appears to be broken.

If you mean the main page, then yes, it is totally buggered. It causes 100%
CPU load here and I struggle to kill the browser. Other pages seem OK.
God alone knows what they've done to it.

Here it; loads fine, CPU loading about 0-2%, killed in an instant. I see
nothing wrong.
--
Ian G8ILZ
Old November 13th 06, 07:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

wrote:

Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today? It
appears to be broken.

If you mean the main page, then yes, it is totally buggered. It causes 100%
CPU load here and I struggle to kill the browser. Other pages seem OK.
God alone knows what they've done to it.

The Digital Spy site http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/ was behaving
exactly like that for me that last week.

Didn't look at the Beeb site yesterday, but it seems OK here as of 07:50hrs
13/11.

(XP SP2 with Firefox 2.0)

--
Mark