Just seen Blu-ray for real!

Old November 9th 06, 03:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stewart Smith

Default Just seen Blu-ray for real!

Agamemnon wrote:

"Stewart Smith" wrote in message
Agamemnon wrote:

Well that is to be expected considering the huge bright pure white
DOG which obliterates almost a quarter of the picture.

Eh? I think the BBC-HD DOG is fairly subtle, at least compared with
the BBC3 one or E4 during the Sopranos with the huge "BRAND NEW"
underneath.

And do you think that this is acceptable because there worse DOGs out
there?

No I think they should all go. I just don't think the BBC-HD DOG is the
worst. It isn't bright pure white and doesn't obscure quarter of the
picture. I'm watching it on Telewest though so maybe they change it for
Sky HD to **** them off?

Stewart
Old November 9th 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ben

Agamemnon wrote:

"Ben" wrote in message
After what seems like years of reading about Blu-ray, I finally saw a
real life Blu-ray player for sale today in John Lewis - I was actually
in there looking for new pillows, but you know what its like ;-)
They had three HD demos running; Blu-ray, DVD (presumably DivX), and BBC

Could be HD-DVD.

Nah, it was a DVD player, not HD-DVD.
Old November 9th 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger R

Agamemnon wrote:

Well that is to be expected considering the huge bright pure white DOG
which obliterates almost a quarter of the picture.

Eh? I think the BBC-HD DOG is fairly subtle, at least compared with the
BBC3 one or E4 during the Sopranos with the huge "BRAND NEW" underneath.

And do you think that this is acceptable because there worse DOGs out
there?

No I think they should all go. I just don't think the BBC-HD DOG is the
worst. It isn't bright pure white and doesn't obscure quarter of the
picture. I'm watching it on Telewest though so maybe they change it for
Sky HD to **** them off?

Satellite TV station ARTE uses an inconspicuous half tone grey 'dog' which
they remove entirely when showing films etc. Why can't the channels you are
concerned about do that too. Sounds like 'can't be bothered' to me.

Roger R

Old November 9th 06, 04:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dom Robinson

In article , lid
says...
Dom Robinson wrote:

BBC reduced the quality of their HD channels recently:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbpointsofv...thread=3567964

I am very reliably informed that only the BBC HD DTT test had its bit rate
reduced, D-Sat was/is unaffected (for the time being).

It didn't take them long to SNAFU the standard definition D-Sat broadcasts
(spring 2000, leading up to the Olympics, as I mentioned in the above thread
as well as on the newsgroups many a time). They're just a bunch of conniving
bar-stewards.
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor)

New music charts - http://dvdfever.co.uk/music.shtml
DVDfever Youtube Channel - http://youtube.com/user/DVDfever