"no event information"

Old November 7th 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
daz

Default "no event information"

Hi

I have a Sony VTX-D800U that I really like.

I have just bought a Sony Bravia series with integral digital tuner.

The new TV's EPG doesn't seem able to pick up what's on channels on
some multiplexes unless I tune to a channel from that multiplex. This
is annoying as looking at the EPG on BBC means all you get for ITV is
"no event information". If I tune to ITV I get the info (and the box
remembers it for a while if I go back to BBC).

This doesn't seem to be a problem with my VTX-D800U.

I notice that when I tune channels I get two copies of most programs -
one set on "normal" channel numbers - e.g. 1, 2, 3 etc, and another set
on other number - e.g. my second BBC1 comes in at channel 800. I
presume I am receiving from two transmitters (I'm in Southampton).

Does anyone have any ideas? - Is is possible my "normal" numbered BBC
channels are coming from a different transmitter than my "normal"
numbered ITV channels, and that this is the problem?

regards
Darren

Old November 7th 06, 07:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

daz wrote:
Hi

I have a Sony VTX-D800U that I really like.

I have just bought a Sony Bravia series with integral digital tuner.

The new TV's EPG doesn't seem able to pick up what's on channels on
some multiplexes unless I tune to a channel from that multiplex. This
is annoying as looking at the EPG on BBC means all you get for ITV is
"no event information". If I tune to ITV I get the info (and the box
remembers it for a while if I go back to BBC).

This doesn't seem to be a problem with my VTX-D800U.

I notice that when I tune channels I get two copies of most programs -
one set on "normal" channel numbers - e.g. 1, 2, 3 etc, and another set
on other number - e.g. my second BBC1 comes in at channel 800. I
presume I am receiving from two transmitters (I'm in Southampton).

You're probably getting Hannington to your north, as well as Rowridge on the
IOW, so yes the set is storing two sets of channels, and putting the second
batch on 800+. Any idea which is your 'proper' transmitter, both cover
Southampton.

I'm on Hannington, and the ITV EPG info was only available on ITV this
morning using my Toppy box. Normally it populates all channels regardless.

Do you for instance get Channel 5 EPG info on the BBC channels, or is it
just ITV data that's absent ?

--
Mark
Old November 7th 06, 08:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
daz

Mark Carver wrote:
You're probably getting Hannington to your north, as well as Rowridge on the
IOW, so yes the set is storing two sets of channels, and putting the second
batch on 800+. Any idea which is your 'proper' transmitter, both cover
Southampton.

I'm on Hannington, and the ITV EPG info was only available on ITV this
morning using my Toppy box. Normally it populates all channels regardless.

Do you for instance get Channel 5 EPG info on the BBC channels, or is it
just ITV data that's absent ?

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply. It seems from my frequencies that I use
Hannington for analogue - I don't know what channels my freeview box or
tv has decided is "normal" for digital.

I am afraid I cannot check whether I have ch.5 info on BBC MUX right
now as I've skipped between channels ths evening so all info has now
been populated. My experience is it grabs at least a few hours data
that it remembers so I don't know if it's working normally.

I'll keep an eye out when it next fails.

Darren

Old November 7th 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

daz wrote:

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply. It seems from my frequencies that I use
Hannington for analogue - I don't know what channels my freeview box or
tv has decided is "normal" for digital.

Probably Rowridge, as it will find that first scanning from the bottom of
the UHF band upwards.

Check ITV 1 tonight at 22:50hrs, or tomorrow at 18:00hrs, and see which
version of local Meridian news you get.

I'll keep an eye out when it next fails.

Ok

--
Mark