humax pvr 8000t

Old November 6th 06, 04:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
john rimbaud

Default humax pvr 8000t

Have found somewhere somewhere selling these at 119.95, would any
recommend or have any comments?
Also, does it have a twin tuner? Have looked at the website!
Old November 6th 06, 06:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Zoidberg

john rimbaud wrote:
Have found somewhere somewhere selling these at 119.95, would any
recommend or have any comments?
Also, does it have a twin tuner? Have looked at the website!

It's a nice bit of kit but the single tuner is a limitation.
I'd recommend spending a bit more on the twin tuner pvr9200T
--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Old November 6th 06, 06:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul

Have had one for a few weeks - quirky in parts but it works well overall,
has a good program guide and has faultless recording quality as you might
expect.

Only has one tuner but I use mine with an IDTV.

Mine has an 80GB drive but I believe there are some with only 40GB? Hard
drives can be DIY upgraded, I believe.

Paul

Old November 6th 06, 06:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
john rimbaud

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
cut

As i suspected, not a suitable replacement for my dvd recorder.
many thanks.

--
A useless life is an early death.
Goethe
Old November 6th 06, 08:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Zoidberg

Paul wrote:
Have had one for a few weeks - quirky in parts but it works well
overall, has a good program guide and has faultless recording quality
as you might expect.

Only has one tuner but I use mine with an IDTV.

Mine has an 80GB drive but I believe there are some with only 40GB?
Hard drives can be DIY upgraded, I believe.

Yes , there were 40 and 80gb versions sold , but an alternative bigger
capacity 3.5" IDE drive is an easy swap

Old November 6th 06, 10:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:47:06 GMT, john rimbaud wrote:

Have found somewhere somewhere selling these at 119.95, would any
recommend or have any comments?

Maybe it is a half decent deal if you are strapped for cash, but
spending another 100 or so will get you a Topfield 5800 which is
infinitely better.

Also, does it have a twin tuner?

No.

Have looked at the website!

Just the one? Google will find you a couple more.
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com
Old November 7th 06, 11:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mr Guest

Dr Zoidberg wrote (apparently) in uk.tech.digital-tv on Mon 06 Nov
2006 21:51:01:

Paul wrote:
Have had one for a few weeks - quirky in parts but it works well
overall, has a good program guide and has faultless recording
quality as you might expect.

Only has one tuner but I use mine with an IDTV.

Mine has an 80GB drive but I believe there are some with only
40GB? Hard drives can be DIY upgraded, I believe.

Yes , there were 40 and 80gb versions sold , but an alternative
bigger capacity 3.5" IDE drive is an easy swap

The 40GB drive from mine is still next to it after the upgrade to a
200GB Maxtor drive, there're still a few things I'll watch on the old
drive. Mine's now used with an IDTV although there's an ntl cable box
hooked up to a Panasonic DMR-E85H as well. Must try and watch all the
old stuff before Christmas...
--
MrGuest
Always, seemingly, on the road to nowhere