Looking for a DVB TFT computer monitor?

Old November 6th 06, 02:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
nonymouse

Default Looking for a DVB TFT computer monitor?

Do they exist with freeview tuners? I've seen many advertised as lcd or
tft (although I understand what they stand for, I don't understand the
difference between an lcd screen and a tft one). Anyway, none seem to
have a freeview tuner.

Is there any benefit to buying an lcd tv over a tft tv?

Old November 6th 06, 02:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Zoidberg

nonymouse wrote:
Do they exist with freeview tuners? I've seen many advertised as lcd
or tft (although I understand what they stand for, I don't understand
the difference between an lcd screen and a tft one). Anyway, none
seem to have a freeview tuner.

Is there any benefit to buying an lcd tv over a tft tv?

TFT is a particular type of LCD technology.
--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Old November 6th 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Michael Rozdoba

nonymouse wrote:
Do they exist with freeview tuners? I've seen many advertised as lcd or
tft (although I understand what they stand for, I don't understand the
difference between an lcd screen and a tft one). Anyway, none seem to
have a freeview tuner.

Is there any benefit to buying an lcd tv over a tft tv?

tft is a type of lcd. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFT_LCD (also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Crystal_Display )

As an aside, I'm planning on possibly picking up an Iiyama ProLite
E2200WS 22in Widescreen Monitor for occasional use as a PC monitor & for
dvb viewing (via a PC dvb card). See
http://www.trustedreviews.com/articl...ge=8588&head=0

Does anyone know what matrix technology this uses? I imagine from the
price (as low as 250ukp if you shop about) it's twisted nematic.

Any other suggestions for a WS monitor of resolution around 1680x1050
(1360x768 acceptable at a push if quality good) & with a diagonal of
20"+, which is half decent & cheap - mostly for tv viewing via a PC?

--
Michael
m r o z a t u k g a t e w a y d o t n e t
Old November 6th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Zoidberg

Michael Rozdoba wrote:
nonymouse wrote:
[...]

I use the Dell 2007 which I paid about 260 for.

A lovely monitor for windows use and does the job for DVD playback as well

Old November 6th 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dom Robinson

In article , alexNOOOOOO!!!!!!!
@drzoidberg.co.uk says...
Michael Rozdoba wrote:
nonymouse wrote:
[...]

I'm using a Dell 1907FP. What's it like for fast motion on the 2007? I don't
plan to use it for games but when I tried it out briefly and a game logo
swirled around the screen I got some fast-motion strangeness I don't get on a
CRT monitor or TV.
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor)

New music charts - http://dvdfever.co.uk/music.shtml
DVDfever Youtube Channel - http://youtube.com/user/DVDfever
Old November 7th 06, 06:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Zoidberg

Dom Robinson wrote:
In article , alexNOOOOOO!!!!!!!
@drzoidberg.co.uk says...
Michael Rozdoba wrote:
nonymouse wrote:
[...]

Seems pretty good to me

Old November 7th 06, 08:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Michael Rozdoba

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Michael Rozdoba wrote:

Any other suggestions for a WS monitor of resolution around 1680x1050
(1360x768 acceptable at a push if quality good) & with a diagonal of
20"+, which is half decent & cheap - mostly for tv viewing via a PC?

I use the Dell 2007 which I paid about 260 for.

A lovely monitor for windows use and does the job for DVD playback as well

Where did you find it at that price? Looks promising.

--
Michael
m r o z a t u k g a t e w a y d o t n e t