Sagem PVR EPG

Old November 3rd 06, 08:13 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
bodorange

Default Sagem PVR EPG

My Sagem PVR7280T seems to have a problem with the EPG. I've only noticed
it since the 0.4.5 OAD of a week or so ago. Certain channels such as ITV2,
ITV3 and Sky3 are missing all EPG data and show 'No data available'. Other
channel guides start at the wrong time or have a large block of programmes
missing (eg just now Channel4 which had nothing between 08:30 and 15:30 in
the list).
Is anyone else seeing this? Although I've only noticed it since the upgrade
I'm fairly certain that the EPG was actually working OK at some point after
the OAD too.

Old November 4th 06, 08:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Gillett

In article ,
bodorange wrote:

My Sagem PVR7280T seems to have a problem with the EPG. I've only noticed
it since the 0.4.5 OAD of a week or so ago. Certain channels such as ITV2,
ITV3 and Sky3 are missing all EPG data and show 'No data available'. Other
channel guides start at the wrong time or have a large block of programmes
missing (eg just now Channel4 which had nothing between 08:30 and 15:30 in
the list).
Is anyone else seeing this? Although I've only noticed it since the upgrade
I'm fairly certain that the EPG was actually working OK at some point after
the OAD too.

I have a Sagem PVR 62??? and missing info in the EPG is something I have
noticed occasionally in the past and again yesterday. I don't think it is
anything new.
However the upgrade has made a huge improvement to the reliability of the
machine but made channel changing slower.
I could now _almost_ recommend it to someone except that despite having 2
tuners it cannot record 2 channels at once, it seems that one tuner is for
display and the other for recording.

Peter

--
Peter Gillett :
Totnes : South Devon
Old November 4th 06, 10:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
bodorange

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 08:52:36 +0000 (GMT), Peter Gillett wrote:

In article ,
bodorange wrote:

[...]

Can't say I've noticed the missing info before but I only use the EPG to set
recordings. I haven't noticed any improvement following the upgrade but
I've been pretty pleased with the sagem since 0.4.4. I have had the box
lockup on me once when trying to use timeshifting whilst recording. The
actual tuners are better than my previous setpal box. We have quite a poor
snr and I very rarely see breakup with the Sagem. With the Daewoo setpal it
was fairly common on some MUX.

Old November 4th 06, 04:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham Murray

bodorange writes:

Is anyone else seeing this? Although I've only noticed it since the upgrade
I'm fairly certain that the EPG was actually working OK at some point after
the OAD too.

I am seeing exactly the same problem.
Old November 5th 06, 11:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
bodorange

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 16:42:20 +0000, Graham Murray wrote:

bodorange writes:

Is anyone else seeing this? Although I've only noticed it since the upgrade
I'm fairly certain that the EPG was actually working OK at some point after
the OAD too.

I am seeing exactly the same problem.

I have reset the box to defaults and still have incomplete/missing info in
the EPG. Another strange problem is, when moving through the guide, the
selected day jumps forward a day or two and there is no way of moving back
without exiting and reentering the EPG. This can happen whether or not
there is any EPG data showing for the selected channel.
I'm hoping its a firmware glitch rather than a faulty box. The 0.4.5 OAD is
broadcast again on 11-11-06. Is there a way to force it to redownload?
I tried the Sagem hotline a couple of times but just get something similar
to an engaged tone.

Old November 5th 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Pratt

Same problem with EPG on my PVR7280 here with version 0.4.5 firmware.

Does anyone know how to feed back problems to Sagem without having to
call their 0905 77 48 081 premium rate phone number? When all said and
done, reporting problems should be doing them a favour.

In a recent message, bodorange wrote ...
On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 16:42:20 +0000, Graham Murray wrote:
I have reset the box to defaults and still have incomplete/missing info in
the EPG. Another strange problem is, when moving through the guide, the
selected day jumps forward a day or two and there is no way of moving back
without exiting and reentering the EPG. This can happen whether or not
there is any EPG data showing for the selected channel.
I'm hoping its a firmware glitch rather than a faulty box. The 0.4.5 OAD is
broadcast again on 11-11-06. Is there a way to force it to redownload?
I tried the Sagem hotline a couple of times but just get something similar
to an engaged tone.

--
David G4DMP/G3KEP
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Old November 6th 06, 01:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
bodorange

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:52:11 +0000, David Pratt wrote:

Same problem with EPG on my PVR7280 here with version 0.4.5 firmware.

Does anyone know how to feed back problems to Sagem without having to
call their 0905 77 48 081 premium rate phone number? When all said and
done, reporting problems should be doing them a favour.

I just called Sagem tech support (0871 0750710) regarding the EPG. They
said it has been reported by several others following the upgrade and that
the EPG should sort itself out after a few days _if_ the box and the EPG are
used suffciciently. Failing that they told me to remove the aerial and
power it off for half a day then see if the EPG functions correctly.
I was curious why it should need to be disconnected for so long and asked if
it cached a copy of the EPG and was told it does not. I'll see how it looks
in a couple of days.
HTH

Old November 14th 06, 03:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Pratt

Well, how does it look now, Bodorange? My PVR7280 has certainly not
sorted itself out even after a fortnight and several powering ups and
downs. It does look as though another upgrade is needed.

David

In a recent message, bodorange wrote ...
I just called Sagem tech support (0871 0750710) regarding the EPG. They
said it has been reported by several others following the upgrade and that
the EPG should sort itself out after a few days _if_ the box and the EPG are
used suffciciently. Failing that they told me to remove the aerial and
power it off for half a day then see if the EPG functions correctly.
I was curious why it should need to be disconnected for so long and asked if
it cached a copy of the EPG and was told it does not. I'll see how it looks
in a couple of days.
HTH

--
David G4DMP
Leeds, England, UK
------
Old November 14th 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham Murray

David Pratt writes:

Well, how does it look now, Bodorange? My PVR7280 has certainly not
sorted itself out even after a fortnight and several powering ups and
downs. It does look as though another upgrade is needed.

Mine has not improved either.
Old November 15th 06, 01:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
bodorange

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:00:52 +0000, David Pratt wrote:

Well, how does it look now, Bodorange? My PVR7280 has certainly not
sorted itself out even after a fortnight and several powering ups and
downs. It does look as though another upgrade is needed.

Well I left if off for a day and restarted it - things have certainly
improved but the EPG is still not 100% complete. I don't see such large
gaps. Previously, presuambly because there was so much data
missing/ignored, the EPG would jump forward 1-3 days on certain channels.
There is still the odd gap, and it seems to be with channels where I don't
tune into the corresponding MUX very often. Which seems inline with Sagems
advice.
It certainly seem the case that for channels on MUX to which you are often
tuned, the incomplete EPG is less apparent. So I can't help thinking the
box must cache EPG in some way in order to explain this behaviour. Have you
contacted Sagem? It's tolerable now, though I may ring them again and see
what they have to say.