new channels

Old October 6th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Trevor Wright

Default new channels

Is the roll out of the new channels and channels numbers happening at
the same time everywhere? I have rescanned on my Panasonic digital TV
and it finds Film Four on 29, but nothing else new or changed. Film
Four remains on 31 as well. Should I be doing something else?
--
Trevor Wright
Old October 6th 06, 06:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Trevor Wright wrote:
Is the roll out of the new channels and channels numbers happening at
the same time everywhere? I have rescanned on my Panasonic digital TV
and it finds Film Four on 29, but nothing else new or changed. Film
Four remains on 31 as well.

You might find Five US and Five Life hiding up at Ch 800+ ?

Have you done an 'Add channels', or fresh rescan, i.e. erasing the old
positions ?

--
Mark
Old October 6th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
Trevor Wright wrote:
Is the roll out of the new channels and channels numbers happening at the
same time everywhere? I have rescanned on my Panasonic digital TV and it
finds Film Four on 29, but nothing else new or changed. Film Four
remains on 31 as well.

You might find Five US and Five Life hiding up at Ch 800+ ?

Have you done an 'Add channels', or fresh rescan, i.e. erasing the old
positions ?

Since rescanning my office box (an old Grundig) has lost the mysterious
channel 8.

Old October 7th 06, 08:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
BJ

"Trevor Wright" wrote in message
news
Is the roll out of the new channels and channels numbers happening at the
same time everywhere? I have rescanned on my Panasonic digital TV and it
finds Film Four on 29, but nothing else new or changed. Film Four remains
on 31 as well. Should I be doing something else?
--
Trevor Wright

The new EPG has now been rolled out everywhere. Unfortunately some boxes are
incapable of picking up the changes and shove the new channels into the
'overflow' slots, usually 100's or 800's.

The solution is to do a factory reset, this will clear all channels and
re-scan from scratch.

Old October 7th 06, 10:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Trevor Wright

In message , BJ
writes

The new EPG has now been rolled out everywhere. Unfortunately some boxes are
incapable of picking up the changes and shove the new channels into the
'overflow' slots, usually 100's or 800's.

Yes, blimey, there they a in the 800s

The solution is to do a factory reset, this will clear all channels and
re-scan from scratch.

Given that I can physically move them where I want them on my own lists,
does it matter that they have the correct channel numbers? Or can I
just leave them as they are in the 800s?
--
Trevor Wright
Old October 7th 06, 10:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

"BJ" wrote in message
. uk...

"Trevor Wright" wrote in message
news
Is the roll out of the new channels and channels numbers happening at the
same time everywhere? I have rescanned on my Panasonic digital TV and it
finds Film Four on 29, but nothing else new or changed. Film Four
remains on 31 as well. Should I be doing something else?
--
Trevor Wright

The new EPG has now been rolled out everywhere. Unfortunately some boxes
are incapable of picking up the changes and shove the new channels into
the 'overflow' slots, usually 100's or 800's.

The solution is to do a factory reset, this will clear all channels and
re-scan from scratch.

It might be less traumatic just to delete all the channels other than the
ones you know haven't changed. On a PVR such as the Humax 9200T this would
avoid losing programmes set up on the timer.

--
Max Demian

Old October 7th 06, 10:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Trevor Wright wrote:
In message , BJ
writes

The new EPG has now been rolled out everywhere. Unfortunately some
boxes are
incapable of picking up the changes and shove the new channels into the
'overflow' slots, usually 100's or 800's.

Yes, blimey, there they a in the 800s

The solution is to do a factory reset, this will clear all channels and
re-scan from scratch.

Given that I can physically move them where I want them on my own lists,
does it matter that they have the correct channel numbers? Or can I
just leave them as they are in the 800s?

Seeing as you are using an IDTV you can move them, or give them whatever
numbers you like, provided you know where they are, is all that matters.

--
Mark
Old October 8th 06, 03:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Watkinson

In message
Trevor Wright wrote:

In message , BJ
writes

The new EPG has now been rolled out everywhere. Unfortunately some boxes are
incapable of picking up the changes and shove the new channels into the
'overflow' slots, usually 100's or 800's.

Yes, blimey, there they a in the 800s

The solution is to do a factory reset, this will clear all channels and
re-scan from scratch.

Given that I can physically move them where I want them on my own lists,
does it matter that they have the correct channel numbers? Or can I
just leave them as they are in the 800s?

I've found the two new Five channels on 35 and 36 I think but although
the placeholder is there, there's no info about what Five US an Five
Life is going to give us. Possibly that says it all.

--
Richard Watkinson

Treasurer Sheffield Folk Festival

http://www.sheffieldfolkfestival.org/

Join the RSPB today
Old October 8th 06, 11:31 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 03:09:18 +0100, Richard Watkinson
wrote:

I've found the two new Five channels on 35 and 36 I think but although
the placeholder is there, there's no info about what Five US an Five
Life is going to give us. Possibly that says it all.

DigiGuide have details of the first couple of weeks
http://www.getdigiguide.com/

fiveUS has reruns of CSI, CSI: Miami, Joey, Happy Days, etc, etc

fiveLife has kiddie shows in the mornings, chat shows in the
afternoons, and reality and documentaries in the evenings.

--
Dave
Sheffield, England, UK

http://www.gnudawn.co.uk/
Old October 8th 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter

Trevor Wright wrote:
Is the roll out of the new channels and channels numbers happening at the
same time everywhere? I have rescanned on my Panasonic digital TV and it
finds Film Four on 29, but nothing else new or changed. Film Four
remains on 31 as well.

You might find Five US and Five Life hiding up at Ch 800+ ?

Have you done an 'Add channels', or fresh rescan, i.e. erasing the old
positions ?

Since rescanning my office box (an old Grundig) has lost the mysterious
channel 8.

Bill

Freeview Channel 8 in Wales provides us with a life-line to Channel 4
- Freeview channel 4 is occupied by S4C

--
Cheers

Peter