BBC1 Colour

Old October 6th 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod L.

Default BBC1 Colour

Has anyone else noticed stronger colours on BBC1 than any other channel
(Analogue). The Blues and Reds are very strong. I'm receiving from Sandy
Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house. DVB-T is fine.

Old October 6th 06, 05:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod L.

"Rod L." wrote in message
news
Has anyone else noticed stronger colours on BBC1 than any other channel
(Analogue). The Blues and Reds are very strong. I'm receiving from Sandy
Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house. DVB-T is fine.

Rod.

Just to add this is not 100% of the time. During the kids shows (just
finished) it was horid but as soon as neigbours started it returned to
normal. Strange.

Old October 6th 06, 05:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

"Rod L." wrote in message

"Rod L." wrote in message
news
Has anyone else noticed stronger colours on BBC1 than any other channel
(Analogue). The Blues and Reds are very strong. I'm receiving from Sandy
Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house. DVB-T is fine.

Rod.

Just to add this is not 100% of the time. During the kids shows (just
finished) it was horid but as soon as neigbours started it returned to
normal. Strange.

Apparently kids like bright, primary colours. Or so they say. Not the kids,
that is: no-one has thought to ask them.

--
Max Demian

Old October 6th 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:37:41 GMT, "Rod L."
wrote:

Has anyone else noticed stronger colours on BBC1 than any other channel
(Analogue). The Blues and Reds are very strong. I'm receiving from Sandy
Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house. DVB-T is fine.

The reds are annoyingly strong, especially on the news and those
"fillers" between programs. I usually turn the colour down a bit.

http://www.easynn.com
Old October 6th 06, 06:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Rod L. wrote:
Has anyone else noticed stronger colours on BBC1 than any other channel
(Analogue). The Blues and Reds are very strong. I'm receiving from Sandy
Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house. DVB-T is fine.

Yes, last week on a visit to the Sudbury area. It me prompted to post the
following in uk.tech.broadcast:-

I've just returned from a couple of days deep inside Sudbury's service area.

I was only watching on a hotel TV, but the RF system feeding it certainly
seemed to be well set up. All four main channels were noise free and clean.

However there was something wrong with network BBC 1 pictures. The chroma
level was too high, or the luminance was too low, or the chroma level was
normal, but the burst was too low. I'd have assumed it was was a reception
fault, had it not been for the fact that local opts from Norwich were fine.
Well, not quite a clean sheet because the audio was distorted, but network
audio was fine.

Sudbury AIUI is RBL fed from Taccy, so I assume Taccy will be affected too
(but perhaps not Sandy Heath 'coz there's some jiggery-pokery there for the
Cambridge opt ?)

Anyway, none of my business really, but if I were BBC Norwich I'd get some
test kit out and do some measurements :-)

(BBC 2, ITV, and 4 were all fine)

--
Mark
Old October 6th 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Porcella

I'm receiving from Sandy
Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house.

All your TV's what?

--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella

Old October 6th 06, 10:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Pickles

Rod L. wrote:

Has anyone else noticed stronger colours on BBC1 than any other channel
(Analogue). The Blues and Reds are very strong. I'm receiving from Sandy
Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house. DVB-T is fine.

Yesterday and today, yes. Teletext was b0rked this evening too.
--
Dave
Old October 7th 06, 12:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Porcella

"Owain" wrote in message
John Porcella wrote:
I'm receiving from Sandy
Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house.

All your TV's what?

All his TVs' screens, probably.

Probably not, as the apostrophe is in another place!

--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella

Old October 7th 06, 02:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"John Porcella" wrote in message
I'm receiving from Sandy
Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house.

On all his transvestite's televisions.

Old October 7th 06, 12:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dickie mint

Mark Carver wrote:
Rod L. wrote:

[...]

I did email my Narrwitch contacts, with no reply. They may well have
been made redundant now!

The transmitter AFR should report out of limit chrominance and luminance
of course!