DVB-T Hard Disk / DVD-R recorder for 219.99

Old September 5th 06, 04:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
me2

Default DVB-T Hard Disk / DVD-R recorder for 219.99

I've just bought one from Maplin. Looks good for the money (204.99 wih
discount voucher).

It doesn't actually work, which is a bit of a drawback (ahem) I am now
waiting to lock horns with Maplin over the "who pays for the return" thing.

According to the destructiion book it is a Umax. It looks better than the
Ellion one I've just returned to Play.com, so I am happy to get a
replacement for now.

Bob

"Adrian B" wrote message
news:[email protected]
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=1&doy=4m 9

Only a single tuner, but for the mythical PVR with DVD-R, that sounds like
a bargain.

It's a "Yamada" - Does anyone have any experience of their stuff? Is this
likely to be a crash-a-minute job ?

Adrian B

Old October 11th 06, 05:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
etillet

Pyriform wrote:
Adrian B wrote:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=1&doy=4m 9

Only a single tuner, but for the mythical PVR with DVD-R, that sounds
like a bargain.

It's only the twin tuner ones that are mythical. Like Unicorns. And I'm not
going round that bloody loop again...

It's a "Yamada" - Does anyone have any experience of their stuff?

I wouldn't buy their stuff purely because of the name. Too much like a
"Yamaha" knock-off.

Yamada is a UMAX brand.