Viewing card question

Old July 2nd 03, 11:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Cian

Default Viewing card question

I have a Sky Digibox which is now out of contract (disconnected). I still
get a some free channels, I would like to get ITV2 as some of soaps are
repeated for my wife and also some UEFA games are showed.

I've just ordered the FTV Viewing Card for my Sky Digibox, first of all
surprised this is available as I thought I had to buy a Free to View box.

When I ordered my FTV Viewing Card, I was told that once I received the card
I had to call them back to activate the card and give the serial number of
the box, this is not a problem.

My question is would I still be able to use the original Sky card and new
FTV card in the same Sky Digibox (Not at the same time off course).

Thanks very much

Old July 2nd 03, 11:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
KingStew

Someone please correct me if im wrong but I thought when your sky sub ended
your sky card automatically becomes a ftv card so will be exactly the same
as the ftv card you have ordered in the range of channels you will recieve.

. net...

Old July 2nd 03, 11:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
DB

I would like to get ITV2 as some of soaps are
repeated for my wife and also some UEFA games are showed.

ITV2 is not FTV on DSAT - you will need a Sky subscription to receive it.

Old July 2nd 03, 01:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

KingStew wrote:
Someone please correct me if im wrong but I thought when your sky sub
ended your sky card automatically becomes a ftv card so will be
exactly the same as the ftv card you have ordered in the range of
channels you will recieve.

There have been reports in the last few days, that people cancelling
their Sky sub, have discovered that their card is killed for all channels (including FTV).

Sky's answer when challenged on this is; "get an FTV card from the Beeb".
However that option is about to end any day (if not already ?).
Old July 2nd 03, 02:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Cian

A friend just bought a Thomson Free to view box with a built-in DVD player
from QVC.

He gets ITV2.

Old July 2nd 03, 02:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
DB

"Cian" wrote in message
. net...
A friend just bought a Thomson Free to view box with a built-in DVD player
from QVC.

He gets ITV2.

As would anyone with a *DTT* box. However, as I said ITV2 is NOT FTV on
*DSAT*.