Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts From Last Day
SOT: Is it me? by Bob Latham
In article , Bill Wright wrote: I respond to you because I care deeply about the enormous waste of resources that the global warming swindle has caused. I think it's up to everyone that has seen through it to speak out. +1
Today 12:36 AM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
4 2 uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
A better YouTube receiver by TonyGamble
We are now spending more time watching YouTube than BBC or ITV. I can feed it to my Panasonic plasma with either my Humax HDR 1105 or my Amazon Firestick. The former is hard wired to by broadband and the Firestick relies on the WiFi from my router. First problem is that neither support HDCP 2.0 and that is what I need to rent an HDTV from YouTube. Second is that both suffer from delays when...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 11:09 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
53 159 uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
TWOT: Any astronomers on here by Woody[_5_]
I'm trying to identify a 'star' in the sky that has been visible for the last few mornings. I put 'star' in quotes as I suspect it is a planet. We have seen it as the sun is starting to rise. This morning around 07:15 it was about 30deg east of the moon and about half the height of the moon above the horizon, I would guess roughly ESE. It was quite bright in the lightening blue sky of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 10:58 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
34 8 uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
University Challenge Vision too close by Phi
Wednesday BBC2 The camera view could only incorporate 3 members of each team at one time, the fourth person was out of shot. Strange
Yesterday 09:48 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 3 uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Sky q and freesat by sintv[_2_]
Sky are changing everyone to Skyq and this should be done by 5 years or so. If a customer stops subscribing the Skyq box must be returned so a customer wont be able to put his SkyHD box back in as LNB is wideband - unless a hybrid LNB was fitted. In any case once everyone has Skyq, there will be no use for the SkyHD transponders so they will be turned off so you'll have to get a Humax(eg)box to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 05:54 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
12 36 uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Strange BBC programming (for a change) by Davey
BBC1 is showing on Monday in the mid-afternoon slot, a new episode of Father Brown. It is marked as 1 of 10, and the title has not appeared before, as far as I can see. So far, so good. On Tuesday, there is another 1 of 10, but this time one that has been shown before. So what is coming on Wednesday? No Father Brown, but Raiders of the Lost Ark. Makes sense to somebody, I'm sure.
Yesterday 05:14 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 3 uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
BBC Scotland - scope for confusion? by Scott[_2_]
I see that - subject to Ofcom consent - there is to be new BBC Scotland television channel. As far as I can see, it will be SD only and will take the position of BBC Four (channel 9 on Freeview). All the opt-outs on BBC Two will transfer to the new channel so in effect BBC Two Scotland will end, to be replaced by BBC Two England. BBC Two SD and BBC Two HD will be the same. 1. Will having a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 03:50 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
49 56 uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Would you believe it ? by Phi
Kodi has been the subject of controversy for some time, and addon repository TVAddons has, in particular, been criticized from many quarters. Having recently announced that it will no longer proactively check for pirated content, TVAddons is suggesting that there's a very good reason to use Kodi addons to stream online content -- security. The site says that one of the reasons Kodi is so...
Yesterday 02:12 PM
by Phi Go to last post
0 2 uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
get_iplayer v3.07 problem with --available-since hours) command by Johnny B Good[_2_]
I've just updated get_iplayer via the ubuntu PPA (using Linux Mint 17.1) and the "--available-since hours" command no longer produces any listings, nor even an error message. I've checked out the documentation and the FAQs but can't find an answer. I've tried the cache rebuild command and even restarted the computer but all to no avail. The previous update to v3.06 just over a month ago...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 11:24 AM
by Davey Go to last post
13 14 uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
RFID wallets by Mike
On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 15:12:34 +0000, Mike wrote: On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 09:19:25 -0000, "Brian Gaff" wrote: I have looked at some of these wallets, but I'm seriously thinking that asking for a non contactless card might be a good idea I have just asked my bank if I can have a non-contactless card and they said no.
Yesterday 10:11 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
5 2 uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Volume management not. by Brian Gaff
I notice over the last couple of weeks that channel volumes on the freeview stations are drifting more and more apart. Have the recently got rid of all sound engineers or is this another case of who cares its only the telly? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
Yesterday 09:17 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 4 uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11