Showing results 1 to 25 of 231
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dickie mint[_2_]
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 18th 17, 09:52 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Completely OT but you're knowledgeable - car toll stickers /black dots

On 16/10/2017 12:36, larkim wrote:
The last few cars I've owned have had the dotted area around the rear view mirror, and the handbooks have said that this is specially designed for toll tags...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 10th 17, 06:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
BT Call Protect

On 09/09/2017 13:37, Scott wrote:
Much as I enjoy winding up nuisance callers, I am now considering
returning my phone service to BT so I can sign up for Call Protect.

Any comments please on...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 7th 17, 09:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 90
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Shift of tennis from BBC Two to BBC One

On 07/07/2017 21:13, Scott wrote:
Why does the BBC continue to shift tennis matches from BBC Two to BBC
One when particular games are being played, such as Murray v Fognini
tonight? Do they...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 2nd 17, 07:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 112
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Freesat?

One simple fact of Satellite that hasn't been mentioned and maybe needs
stressing is that a sky box receives exactly the same transmission as a
Freesat one. There are sky channels that are paid...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 29th 17, 06:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 17
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
dashcams: how do they link to my PC?

On 29/05/2017 10:31, Martin wrote:
What did Which? give as best?

Not much between them
312GW 72% 95.95
212 Lite 71% 67.95
512G Ultra 71% ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 28th 17, 08:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 17
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
dashcams: how do they link to my PC?

On 23/05/2017 15:48, Bill Wright wrote:
OK I need a dashcam. Stuff keeps happening. Kid on a motorbike comes
onto the roundabout from the pavement out of control and if I hadn't
stopped...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 4th 17, 06:45 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Subtitle Disaster

On 04/04/2017 12:15, Martin wrote:

If the average age of BBC viewers is really over 60, there must be a substantial
number relying on subtitles.

And they tell those of us who can't make out...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 4th 17, 08:18 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
BBC1 Scheduling - Contempt for Viewers?

On 04/02/2017 18:10, Sam wrote:
snip
What is the point of showing the programmes out of sequence. Doesn't the
viewers veiwing experience and enjoyment count for anything?

The best example was...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 4th 17, 05:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
BBC1 Scheduling - Contempt for Viewers?

On 04/02/2017 16:25, Sam wrote:
For our sins we record and watch Father Brown on BBC1. Series 4 has just
finished and a new series starts next week. This will be series 5? No
way - the schedule...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 13th 17, 09:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Who decides about what to AD?

I don't see any justification for signing TV programmes.

It's mandatory?

A3.3 in
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/40273/tv-access-services-2015.pdf
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 13th 17, 07:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Who decides about what to AD?

On 11/01/2017 08:07, Roderick Stewart wrote:
They missed a golden opportunity. Since the days of teletext we've
been familiar with the concept of sending subtitles as a separate data
stream...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 10th 17, 06:37 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Who decides about what to AD?

The signer is part of the video stream. There is no capacity to add a
separate stream.

Work was being done by R & D, while I was in the job, to find a way to
add an avatar system to the streams....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 29th 16, 07:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 33
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Timeline for BBC local news in HD?

On 29/12/2016 10:17, charles wrote:
In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 27th 16, 08:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 33
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Timeline for BBC local news in HD?

On 23/12/2016 08:48, Mark Carver wrote:
On 22/12/2016 16:34, larkim wrote:
When is this coming? Seems excessively long in the development?

BBC Regional news in HD might be a long way off in...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 17th 16, 04:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
shared spaces.

Solihull Council wanted to implement this grand 'shared space' scheme,
they call it Gateway. It's at the back end of the High Street, where
hundreds of bus journeys are made.

The glossy brochure...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 17th 16, 04:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Freesat+ EPG

On 16/11/2016 20:52, MikeS wrote:

Very true. I looked at the SI tables pdf linked by Andy Burns but could
not even work out if any of the EIT descriptions actually refer to
storage of GUI...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 16th 16, 07:47 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Freesat+ EPG

On 14/11/2016 20:50, Andy Burns wrote:
MikeS wrote:

Does anyone know where to find an authoritative explanation of how the
Freesat+ EPG operates?

Isn't it just in the SI tables?

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 13th 16, 09:46 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Freesat+ EPG

On 12/11/2016 18:06, MikeS wrote:
Does anyone know where to find an authoritative explanation of how the
Freesat+ EPG operates? .. snip

You could try BBC R & D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 9th 16, 09:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Can we now have some normal news?

On 09/11/2016 19:35, The Other John wrote:
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 17:45:35 +0000, tim... wrote:

Whilst the merits of the person might be in question, ISTM for it to
have been reasonable for...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 9th 16, 08:43 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
New fibre installation keeps buffering on BBC

On 09/11/2016 18:05, Phi wrote:
With a small screen in HD on Windows 10

Noticed of late with W7, FF 49.0.2, BBC website videos flash a picture
and go black. Refreshing the page produces a working...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 16th 16, 08:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 42
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Oh dear me

On 14/09/2016 21:41, alan_m wrote:
On 14/09/2016 17:04, Martin wrote:

They aren't included. Channel 4 will get the cost back from advertisers.

and product placement

Over a Million...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 13th 16, 09:15 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 42
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Oh dear me

On 13/09/2016 19:43, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't know but from what I've found out I'm very surprised it did not end up
on Sky as the Murdoch empire has quite a stake in that company. Wheels turn
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 2nd 16, 09:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 44
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Series link recording

On 31/03/2016 22:55, Max Demian wrote:

Only if the series ID (as provided by the broadcaster) is the same for
the new series as the old, and you don't mind all the old series links
hanging...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 2nd 16, 06:59 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 7
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Changes to BBC Channel Numbers on Satellite

On 31/03/2016 21:45, JohnT wrote:
Effective today:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/item92

And how well was it publicised on the telly? Not!
I caught 1 mention. Yet the usual dross...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 31st 16, 09:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 44
Posted By Dickie mint[_2_]
Series link recording

On 31/03/2016 16:43, Jeff Layman wrote:
In general, my PVR works well when recording a series. But it can't deal
with a link from one series to the next, which I expect is a problem
with the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 231