Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dave
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 25th 17, 04:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 129
Posted By dave
2018 Q1 700 MHz Clearance details

On 24/11/17 13:57, Mark Carver wrote:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/700mhz_clearance/clearance_events_in_q1_2018

Reigate becomes an SFN with Crystal P
Haslemere gains the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 25th 17, 04:07 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 129
Posted By dave
2018 Q1 700 MHz Clearance details

On 24/11/17 13:57, Mark Carver wrote:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/700mhz_clearance/clearance_events_in_q1_2018

Reigate becomes an SFN with Crystal P
Haslemere gains the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 30th 17, 10:30 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By dave
Long gaps short range

On 30/03/17 08:45, Brian Gaff wrote:
I noticed the other night during coverage of the Westminster bridge silent
vigil that there seemed to be almost as much delay in the interview with the
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 7th 17, 09:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By dave
why 12V?

On 07/03/17 20:57, Bill Wright wrote:
On 07/03/2017 20:37, Bill Wright wrote:

I heard a few years back something about new cars being 48V in the near
future. Did it ever happen?

I just...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 6th 16, 12:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By dave
Programme guide query

On 06/12/16 11:44, Pinnerite wrote:

That was very informative. I have spent an hour so searching for a
possible link to the reverse-engineered details, in order to send
them to the Kaffeine...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 5th 16, 01:34 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By dave
Programme guide query

On 04/12/16 22:14, Pinnerite wrote:
I had been struggling to deploy a computer program called Kaffeine
2.0.5 because that version supposedly could process DVB-T2 (HD)
signals.

However I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 29th 16, 08:19 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By dave
ITV and ITV+1 local news

On 28/07/16 22:09, Jeff Layman wrote:

The last sentence is the most relevant one, but It still doesn't explain
the reason. Later on the page it states:
"Why the change?
These changes were...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 9th 16, 08:19 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 51
Posted By dave
Dumb TV?

I'm thinking about replacing my 10-year-old 720p TV with something more
modern. However, like some others on this group, I don't want a 'smart'
TV with features which will be obsolete in a year or...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 26th 15, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By dave
PVR (not) finding alternative

On 26/10/15 09:21, Mark Carver wrote:
On 25/10/2015 16:09, tim..... wrote:
My HDR1010, as per the freesat spec, offers to find me alternative
showing of a prog if I try to set up a recording...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 6th 15, 03:07 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 83
Posted By dave
Charging for iPlayer

On 06/07/15 11:43, NY wrote:
Is it still the case that one can legally watch TV programmes on
catch-up sites such as iPlayer and ITV Player where the programme is
only available after it has...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 19th 15, 04:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 25
Posted By dave
I'm soooo annoyed

On 19/01/15 12:01, Terry Casey wrote:
Can you name a plug that doesn't have a wiping effect on insertion and
removal?

Dezifix.
--
Dave
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 4th 14, 11:48 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 04/11/14 11:35, Jim Lesurf wrote:

Am I not correct in assuming a number of commercial items manufacturers
like Samsung, etc, have used get_iplayer and hence those models are now
dead ducks...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 31st 14, 09:04 AM Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 206
Posted By dave
BBC Have Broken GetIPlayer

On 31/10/14 08:03, Brian Gaff wrote:
Why is the question surely? What possible harm was this doing?

According to the blog I referred to earlier, the hosting contract for
the parts of iPlayer...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 30th 14, 05:32 PM Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 206
Posted By dave
BBC Have Broken GetIPlayer

On 30/10/14 17:07, Folderol wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:13:53 +0000
dave wrote:

On 30/10/14 16:05, Brian Gaff wrote:
Have they actually done this deliberately...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 30th 14, 04:13 PM Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 206
Posted By dave
BBC Have Broken GetIPlayer

On 30/10/14 16:05, Brian Gaff wrote:
Have they actually done this deliberately then, or as I said earlier is it
another cock up. I am effectively now completely without I player as I
relied on...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 26th 14, 10:43 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 23
Posted By dave
Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

On 26/10/14 10:08, Roderick Stewart wrote:

Computers that have only one operating system, Windows or Linux, have
all corrected the time as they should, but the multi-boot one shows
that both...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 26th 13, 02:19 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 43
Posted By dave
Reduced picture quality on recordings

On 26/10/13 13:36, Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 12:21:17 +0100, Derek F wrote:

I've e-mailed the problem to Humax. Another problem last night, my wife
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 25th 13, 10:17 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 43
Posted By dave
Reduced picture quality on recordings

On 25/10/13 10:10, Derek F wrote:
On 25/10/2013 10:05, Brian Gaff wrote:
I thought he said the pictures were OK on themselves etc.
Brian

Directly viewing through the boxes is OK just...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 22nd 13, 08:47 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By dave
Humax Freetime PVR doesn't time-shift programmes???

On 22/07/13 20:17, Another John wrote:

:-( -- nobody came along yet!

I'd be interested in an authoritative answer, as we've just acquired a
Humax (see my question re "antenna power on a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 16th 13, 09:14 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By dave
Power up from standby - Panasonic TX-32LMD70A

On 15/03/13 22:00, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
Our Panasonic (as above) is getting steadily worse at powering up from
standby.

It tries to start up, but then gives up and just flickers the red...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 10th 13, 01:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Replies: 140
Posted By dave
4G filter measurement

On 10/03/13 10:21, Jim Lesurf wrote:

If anyone finds a five quid filter with

max loss in band 3dB ; ch60 loss 3 dB; 4G adjacent channel rejection =
20 dB, then let me know! I'll go...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 19th 13, 11:26 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 3
Posted By dave
C4 EPG missing?

On 19/02/13 10:22, dave wrote:
On both my TV and PVR, there is no EPG data for Channel 4 or Film 4
beyond 0600 on Saturday 23rd. Is this a general problem or something at
my end? I'm receiving...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 19th 13, 10:22 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 3
Posted By dave
C4 EPG missing?

On both my TV and PVR, there is no EPG data for Channel 4 or Film 4
beyond 0600 on Saturday 23rd. Is this a general problem or something at
my end? I'm receiving from the Sandy Heath Tx.

It seems...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 18th 12, 12:42 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 20
Posted By dave
EchoStar nonsense

Tim Streater wrote:

Hmmm, I took a look and it seems exceedingly complex for what is, after
all, just a form. They use jquery (I studiously avoid such) and a
****ing great MS package too.

I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 17th 12, 09:45 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 20
Posted By dave
EchoStar nonsense

Jeff Layman wrote:

By the way, the registration webpage noted that the serial number was
not recognised after I typed the number in the field but before I
clicked on "Submit". That's a bit...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25