Showing results 1 to 25 of 127
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Green
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 13th 17, 12:06 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 30
Posted By Chris Green
HDMI switcher needed

Jim Lesurf wrote:
In article ,
TonyGamble wrote:
?

I suppose you...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 17th 17, 11:38 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Chris Green
Watching British TV abroad

tim... wrote:

Though it is true internet availability in France is impressive,
especially when compared to here. A lot of places offer free wifi (all
the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 12th 17, 08:03 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 130
Posted By Chris Green
Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

Indy Jess John wrote:
On 12/09/2017 18:57, Ian Field wrote:

"Bill wrote in message
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 4th 17, 06:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 143
Posted By Chris Green
Samsung TV's "bricked"

charles wrote:
Bristol city center houses the main shopping streets where all residents

Bristol city what?!!!

--
Chris Green
·

Bill Wright wrote:
I can see how the description could easily get copied from one to
another to cause the error (if it is an error).

It happens. One site I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 14th 17, 09:15 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Chris Green
Perpetual motion?

Bill Wright wrote:
Interesting to see that CPC advertise some of their 12V input, 230V
output inverters as a means to 'charge batteries ... in case of a power
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 12th 17, 09:23 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Chris Green
ITV Newsroom background

wrote:
On Saturday, 12 August 2017 04:04:00 UTC+1, Brian-Gaff wrote:
Perhaps they have sacked all their scenery painters.

I thought news backgrounds were always...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 12th 17, 10:27 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 56
Posted By Chris Green
BBC not keeping me signed in.

charles wrote:
In article , Chris Green
wrote:
Martin wrote:
And if somebody doesn't have a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 5th 17, 10:50 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 56
Posted By Chris Green
BBC not keeping me signed in.

Martin wrote:
And if somebody doesn't have a mobile phone, doesn't have a camera, or
if they have one they don't know how to take a picture with it, or
they don't know...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 15th 17, 09:21 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 80
Posted By Chris Green
So anyone get hacked then?

Indy Jess John wrote:
Rumour has it that some of the "reputation" providers are doing just
that ... numpties! though of course tomorrow's fixed version of...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 15th 17, 09:20 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 80
Posted By Chris Green
So anyone get hacked then?

Woody wrote:

click on a link. Indeed, how many realise that if they get a mail with
a hyperlink hold the mouse pointer over it will show you the
destination...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 12th 17, 08:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 98
Posted By Chris Green
BBC iPlayer wants me to sign in. Bloody cheek.

tim... wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 12/05/2017 09:56, Phi...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 12th 17, 01:35 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 98
Posted By Chris Green
BBC iPlayer wants me to sign in. Bloody cheek.

Max Demian wrote:

But, they want my home address to match to my IP address so they can
link my TV licence.

This is too much info.

There's no way to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 11th 17, 09:25 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 85
Posted By Chris Green
I'm still annoyed about this, 45 years later

Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 10 May 2017 12:08:28 +0200, Martin wrote:

If 50 million users of Win10 isn't popular what is?

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 31st 17, 09:21 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 30
Posted By Chris Green
Hopeless at maths

Mark Carver wrote:

Bugger. So he did. Anyway I thought the SI units for comparative scale
were football pitches, London buses, or Olympic sized swimming pools ?
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 30th 17, 08:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 30
Posted By Chris Green
Hopeless at maths

Bill Wright wrote:
I'm hopeless at maths, but I'm trying to get something across to an
intelligent child. So, if the distance from here to London (250km) is
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 29th 17, 10:43 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Chris Green
why 12V?

Bill Wright wrote:
On 28/03/2017 09:04, Chris Green wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

Consider the law's attitude to motorway speed. The law...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 28th 17, 07:27 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Chris Green
why 12V?

Martin wrote:

I've been on the M1 between Derby and Sheffield in the last month. I saw a
truck using the third lane to overtake another truck which was overtaking a
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 28th 17, 03:40 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Chris Green
why 12V?

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 09:02:59 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

NY wrote:

I wonder whether at some point slow vehicles (eg...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 28th 17, 11:42 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Chris Green
why 12V?

NY wrote:

There really needs to be a change in the law to say "if you can't complete
the overtaking in n seconds because of your lorry's power or speed limiter,
stay put...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 28th 17, 09:07 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Chris Green
why 12V?

NY wrote:

The one thing I am scrupulous about, at any speed, is keeping a safe
distance (at least 2 seconds) from the car in front. My wife reckons I leave
too much gap in...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 28th 17, 09:04 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Chris Green
why 12V?

Bill Wright wrote:

Consider the law's attitude to motorway speed. The law is based on years
of statistics and study. Prosecutions for speeding are many.
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 28th 17, 09:02 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Chris Green
why 12V?

NY wrote:

I wonder whether at some point slow vehicles (eg 20 or more mph below the
limit) among traffic that is otherwise going at 60-70 mph will be required
to have a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 28th 17, 08:58 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Chris Green
why 12V?

NY wrote:
describes.

If I get stuck behind a lorry on a motorway because there is a long stream
of cars in Lane 2 preventing me from overtaking, I indicate right to make it...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 8th 17, 11:29 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Chris Green
why 12V?

Jim Lesurf wrote: