Showing results 1 to 25 of 482
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian-Gaff
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 20th 18, 03:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 20
Posted By Brian-Gaff
OT(ish) - mobile taking over TV frequencies

Well I'm sure there are repeaters you used to be able to get, but of course
the networks guard their systems well and no doubt if every tom dick or
harry built a two way repeater system the effect...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 20th 18, 03:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Goats.

Snails, by express delivery.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)
"Indy Jess...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 30th 17, 07:57 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 22
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Does any hardware still allow playing of CD video?

Hmm, all the pcs here say is that it is a standard CD with two tracks and it
cannot find it in cddb online.
The huge lump of video is not seen. If you throw it into a Pioneer
laserdisc machine a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 24th 17, 03:10 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Star Wars Rogue 1 - pricing on Amazon

My speakers arrived silently in the dead of night this evening.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 16th 17, 06:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Samsung Smart TVs and Android

And they talk as well, what more could you want?

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 4th 17, 06:12 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 54
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Croydon

Yes judging by what happened under just moderate Tropo conditions this last
week, I have severe doubts things will go on working reliably.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 15th 17, 09:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Singapore F1 1st Practice - strange problem with recording

Maybe it was being done with one of them Lemon Powered clocks?
Hides behind sofa.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 10th 17, 02:01 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Advice requested: TV signal strength meter

These days it seems mor to be the quality and lack of interference that
matters to receivers.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
Remember, if you don't like where I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 10th 17, 02:00 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian-Gaff
10s delay on Gt. North Run

Maybe so, but seems to me that I've heard longer delays over the internet
between one computer and another supposedly on the same stream live.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 2nd 17, 08:52 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 11
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Use a BT Youview box without an aerial?

So the term social housing really means council house or council flat,
nowadays often run by a so called non profit enterprise who could not run a
**** up in a brewery.

From the Sofa of...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 2nd 17, 08:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 11
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Use a BT Youview box without an aerial?

Somebody offered me a redundant one, but since its totally inaccessible I
declined.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 12th 17, 04:07 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By Brian-Gaff
My set top box says channels change on 16 aug.

Hopefully this will get rid of all those left overs from the main change and
I can retune and get my 800 channels back in the right place.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 12th 17, 04:05 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Brian-Gaff
ITV Newsroom background

Yes its just production values really its cheap to do and so its done.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 12th 17, 04:04 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Brian-Gaff
ITV Newsroom background

Perhaps they have sacked all their scenery painters.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 21st 17, 04:19 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Replies: 36
Posted By Brian-Gaff
tv aerial masts

I think we would need much more details about your location to answer this
question.
What do the neighbours do? You can often get a good idea from that.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 15th 17, 06:53 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By Brian-Gaff
John Deer tractors

I heard an interesting world service item last night. It appears that many
us tractor makers are protecting their tractors from home repairers. Most of
the farmers have been used to just fixing the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 30th 17, 04:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Aerial riggers I have known. Part One: Jimmy

There was one around here in the late 70s who we called the crusher. Every
aerial he installed used very thin walled ally masts and it was crushed by
the clamp resulting in the next high wind...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 14th 17, 10:45 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 34
Posted By Brian-Gaff
This 'new channels' game

The idea sounds OK but the problem is that adverts very seldom work any more
so I see a crash not very far into the future when advertisers realise the
goose that laid the Golden Egg has been...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 30th 17, 05:59 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 62
Posted By Brian-Gaff
TV socket charge up

I was plugging the aerial back in the back of a reasonably modern telly last
week and got a bit of a shock, well quite a big one actually off the socket
and the plug. the plug goes straight to an...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 18th 17, 05:32 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 40
Posted By Brian-Gaff
TV system conversion

Yes those first moon pictures were only sent at a low frame rate, and the
way we all saw it was a long persistence phosphor tube and a camera pointing
at it. the more recent re mastering of the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 1st 17, 07:08 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Fed up with bells

However I can see that a bell ringing channel is a serious omission from
Freeview and this needs to be sorted straight away.
Maybe it can share it with Morris Dancing train spotting and other...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 9th 17, 06:41 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Pigeon poo protection

I was looking well feeling, an old aerial a person had taken of their roof a
while ago, and the comment was it would still be OK today if not for the
bloody pigeons their **** rotted away the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 27th 16, 05:37 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian-Gaff
breaking news, less than 50 percent watch tv

Well that is live tv, they alall either record it or just wait for the boxed
set, which of course has no box and is basically streamed so you never
actually own anything at all.

TV is mostly...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 27th 16, 05:35 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Breaking News: George Michael dead

Yes only for his relatives who are still coining it in with making his
recordings available as multi track masters so the LPO ane Cliff can include
him on their releases at a small consideration.
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 27th 16, 05:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Breaking News: George Michael dead

Or indeed the guy from status Quo. Actually you can get away from celeb news
on world service but you would then be so depressed about the state of the
world you might top yourself.
So much for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 482