Showing results 1 to 25 of 157
Search took 0.58 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: alan_m
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 9th 17, 07:02 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Replies: 24
Posted By alan_m
CCTV of the recent road accident near the Natural History Museum

On 09/10/2017 04:00, Bill Wright wrote:
I haven't seen any. Seems odd.

Bill

Possibly because:
i) It wasn't terrorism
ii) It was an accident and the Police are not lo1oking for the driver
iii)...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 24th 17, 06:12 AM Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By alan_m
OT the telephone network

On 23/09/2017 22:58, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Exchange locations
are a POP to find.

Samknows will give the exchange position and as the crow flies distance
from it as well as the telephone...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 21st 17, 06:28 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Replies: 36
Posted By alan_m
tv aerial masts

For reference 20 miles from transmitter right on the fringe of reception
decent log periodic in the loft pointing through the tiles gave...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 20th 17, 04:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By alan_m
wolfbane - problems?

On 20/06/2017 15:07, David wrote:
A long time since I last used wolfbane to point an aerial but as I'm at a
campsite and all the aerials seem to be pointing in different directions
with...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 20th 17, 08:21 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 34
Posted By alan_m
The Terminator - I'll not be back

On 20/06/2017 09:10, Brian Gaff wrote:

They have been pestering me to take tv recently

Why do all of these companies believe everyone is into football, rugby,
cricket etc. when sending...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 19th 17, 10:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 34
Posted By alan_m
The Terminator - I'll not be back

On 19/06/2017 23:07, Dan wrote:

So is it that important? Will the street cabinet burst into flames if I
don't fit it?

Your service was poor probably because someone else hadn't fitted the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 3rd 17, 03:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 112
Posted By alan_m
Freesat?

On 03/06/2017 09:59, Martin wrote:

There's not a lot of difference if the TV has upscaling. The difference is most
noticeable with small ball games like tennis.

These days the broadcasters...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 19th 17, 12:59 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By alan_m
Novelty aerals.

On 19/05/2017 12:18, Roderick Stewart wrote:
Which reminds me of a bluetooth USB adaptor I once bought which had a
swivelling aerial made entirely from plastic. I swivelled it too far
one day...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 16th 17, 06:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 50
Posted By alan_m
No reflector on new TV antenna

On 16/05/2017 18:45, Mark Carver wrote:
On 16/05/2017 18:30, alan_m wrote:

A log-period aerial?

Quite common these days in high/medium signal areas.

It's just that every 28 days of...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 16th 17, 05:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/atvschoiceofaerials.html#DMlog

--
mailto: news {at}...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 16th 17, 05:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 50
Posted By alan_m
No reflector on new TV antenna

On 16/05/2017 16:41, wrote:
We just had a new antenna installed on the roof and it doesn't seem to have
a reflector at the base, just some extra elements instead. Is this...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 12th 17, 09:53 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 98
Posted By alan_m
BBC iPlayer wants me to sign in. Bloody cheek.

On 12/05/2017 17:16, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 11 May 2017 19:15:35 -0000, "Phi" wrote:

I will have to find another way to watch the occasional good program.

Just...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 10th 17, 08:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 143
Posted By alan_m
Doctor Who audio

On 10/05/2017 19:14, Bill Wright wrote:
On 10/05/2017 10:57, Indy Jess John wrote:

There are not enough trees left in the woods and forests to serve the
population for any length of time;...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 10th 17, 04:19 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 143
Posted By alan_m
Doctor Who audio

On 09/05/2017 22:09, Bill Wright wrote:
On 09/05/2017 09:50, wrote:

No, if you want to do this you just do it. Getting man on the moon wasn't
about economics

It was...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 10th 17, 04:10 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 143
Posted By alan_m
Doctor Who audio

On 09/05/2017 12:20, wrote:
On Tue, 9 May 2017 10:26:37 +0100
Robin wrote:
On 09/05/2017 10:07, wrote:

With something as...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 4th 17, 08:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 47
Posted By alan_m
Adverts click and collect etc

On 03/05/2017 20:53, Roderick Stewart wrote:

because the only way to
judge a chair is by sitting on it.

For a computer/office type chair you also need to up-end it to see the
quality of...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 4th 17, 08:19 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 47
Posted By alan_m
Adverts click and collect etc

On 03/05/2017 21:56, James Heaton wrote:

I do find this trend for pointy toes on men's shoes tiresome though, I
like a bit of wiggle room! Never mind expect it'll change in a year or
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 4th 17, 08:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 47
Posted By alan_m
Adverts click and collect etc

On 03/05/2017 15:11, Huge wrote:

in a shoe shop more than 15 years ago.

I loathe shopping, but shoes are one of the things I do not buy mail order,
despite wearing the same style (*) for...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 4th 17, 08:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 47
Posted By alan_m
Adverts click and collect etc

On 03/05/2017 09:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
Have you noticed that many tv commercials now only give web addresses for
info?
Also when a friend of mine went into a famous large stor with the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 19th 17, 04:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By alan_m
Any Topfield experts out there?

On 14/04/2017 21:13, Kenny wrote:

Some faults he
https://sites.google.com/site/andyfraserelectronics/freeview-and-satellite-recorder-repair/topfield-pvr-faults

And on the same page...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 2nd 17, 09:09 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By alan_m
crap tv generally

On 02/04/2017 09:15, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 07:40:06 +0100, "Woody" wrote:

"Yellow" wrote in message
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 1st 17, 10:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By alan_m
nocturnal signal problem

On 01/04/2017 23:05, Dave W wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
A local lady is having an odd problem with her TVs at night. Here are...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 10th 17, 03:56 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By alan_m
Pigeon poo protection

On 09/02/2017 18:41, Brian-Gaff wrote:

I have to say that certainly under the encrusted ' 'Guano' was a heck of a
rusted away self tapping screw in a and the unit had a couple of elements
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 5th 17, 06:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 255
Posted By alan_m
Bloomin digital.

On 30/01/2017 22:47, Max Demian wrote:

I got one of these a few years ago and it does very well:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/2778103
It charges its own battery up, so there shouldn't be any...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 4th 17, 11:27 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 182
Posted By alan_m
Reliable PVR?

On 04/02/2017 23:47, T i m wrote:

They (WOS) seem to do cards they don't do the boxes for and boxes they
don't do the cards for.

They do cards for the boxes they sell, or have sold in the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 157