Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 20th 17, 01:39 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 34
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
The Terminator - I'll not be back

In article ,
says...
Sorry, I seem to have missed the part of my OP where I said was considering
not fitting it.

It was the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 20th 17, 08:24 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 34
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
The Terminator - I'll not be back

In article ,
says...
So is it that important? Will the street cabinet burst into flames if I
don't fit it?

Why on earth would you even...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 19th 17, 06:34 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 7
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Help needed with smart TV

In article ,
says...
Anyone know where I can find a definitive list?

Does anything happen when you say "View commands" or "Help" to the TV?
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 30th 17, 06:40 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 56
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
BBC not keeping me signed in.

In article , says...
There seems to be a problem with the BBC holding my log-in details. It asks
every time I call up iPlayer.

Something is...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 12th 17, 05:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 98
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
BBC iPlayer wants me to sign in. Bloody cheek.

In article , says...
I didn't tell it my location so I can see no other way, but am open to
suggestions

Triangulation using local ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 22nd 17, 05:12 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Lower frequency usage

In article ,
says...
He was suggesting that 20 Hz frequency
though inaudible can induce projectile vomiting . His idea...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 18th 17, 10:26 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 34
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
This 'new channels' game

In article ,
says...

Not sure I agree.

Yes there are a lot of repeats and a lot of the repeats are of stuff...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 17th 17, 10:06 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 34
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
This 'new channels' game

In article , says...
Even so, the phrase 'Should have gone to Specsavers' has now entered
everyday language and there's now universal...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 20th 17, 07:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Freesat EPG and ch. 4 etc.

In article ,
says...
All of the EPG is OK for 7 days except for Ch. 4, it's clones and some, I
assume, associated...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 10th 17, 04:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 53
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
700 MHz clearance starts March 1

In article ,
says...
So like I said, lack of proper testing.

Yep, Firefox is a buggy piece of crap.

Digital UK works fine...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 7th 17, 02:14 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 42
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Radio 2

In article ,
says...
Cool. Dad did 12 years on Shell Tankers (~1944-). Who you with Ken
(OOI)?
My first ship was a Shell tanker...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 6th 17, 01:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 42
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Radio 2

In article ,
says...
If you had ever done a labouring job requiring little brain power, you would
know that only the music keeps...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 6th 17, 12:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 42
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Radio 2

In article ,
says...
You can hear this kind of stuff on other stations on DAB and Freeview. it
seems to me that they are undervaluing...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 5th 17, 01:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 53
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
700 MHz clearance starts March 1

In article ,
says...
Our TV scans and finds both Durris and Angus. But refuses to give any
choice as to which one will be used for any mux....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 2nd 17, 01:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 182
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Reliable PVR?

In article ,
says...
On that it seems that some of these boxes kill the RF loopthrough when
in deep eco / standby mode and leaving...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 2nd 17, 11:45 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 182
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Reliable PVR?

In article ,
says...
Someone here must have one

Guilty" I've had BT vision for a some time, the box illustrated replaced
the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 2nd 17, 10:17 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 182
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Reliable PVR?

In article ,
says...
I'm sure a year or two back I saw PVRs that had expansion slots (like
a computer) that would take individual tuner...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 20th 17, 02:47 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 7
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Recording to a flash drive

In article , says...
One pundit wrote that USB 3.0 drives wouldn't work on a USB 2.0 TV socket.
Given that USB 3.0 is supposedly backward...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 18th 17, 12:07 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Are Lidl still doing sat dish + tuner offers?

In article ,
says...
If somebody finds the site hard to use then they simply go elsewhere and
never come back again

Sadly they don't...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 11th 17, 10:29 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 11
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Flying Scotsman on the Severn Valley Railway

In article ,
says...
The park is geared up to extract the maximum amount of money from
parents with kids :)
What about those parents...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 9th 17, 11:37 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Remotes

In article , says...
I have recently acquired a Humax Freesat HB1000S and a HDR-FoxT2 PVR.
They are in the same room and their remotes...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 13th 16, 10:26 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 53
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
OT - embarrassing admission

In article ,
says...
I use news.individual.net as my news server. Which reader do
chaps/chapesses use/recommend?

Microplanet...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 1st 16, 03:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 33
Posted By UnsteadyKen[_6_]
Co-as cable: truth or nonsense?

In article ,
says...
I'm sure that, when I visited Crystal Palace in December 1963 we were told
that water was used...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23