Showing results 1 to 25 of 345
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vir Campestris
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 20th 17, 08:59 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Vir Campestris
sky fitters and roofs

On 20/11/2017 20:42, Bill Wright wrote:
Anyone used to ladder work will never allow the ladder to get anywhere
near falling sideways or backwards. You'd no more do that than
spontaneously...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 4th 17, 10:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 44
Posted By Vir Campestris
How many types of screens are there?

On 03/11/2017 17:03, Norman Wells wrote:

Indeed.* Which is why they want to sell them.* And why they possibly
adjust the one they want to sell to look better than the one they don't.

Oh,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 31st 17, 09:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Vir Campestris
Spanish language channels (URGENT!)

On 31/10/2017 18:00, Bill Wright wrote:
Does anyone have any info about Spanish satellite TV? What Free to Air
and Free to View channels are there (roughly)? I'm getting conflicting
info from...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 31st 17, 09:42 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Vir Campestris
Weird timepieces was MSF radio clocks.

On 31/10/2017 09:37, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 31/10/2017 09:20, Brian Gaff wrote:
There have been some odd clocks and watches made. I assume you all
remember
the ball bearing clock? did...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 30th 17, 09:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 11
Posted By Vir Campestris
Way OT - F1 and Valtteri Bottas

On 30/10/2017 19:06, Brian Gaff wrote:
Alexa, what was that bang.
Brian

https://xkcd.com/1897/

For Brian: Title self-driving. CAPTCHA type text reads: To complete your
registration please...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 30th 17, 09:07 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Vir Campestris
MSF radio clocks.

On 30/10/2017 08:29, Indy Jess John wrote:
I have a spare PC that normally runs Linux but has the option of booting
into XP.* When I checked things on Sunday morning it was 3 minutes slow,
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 30th 17, 09:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 44
Posted By Vir Campestris
How many types of screens are there?

On 30/10/2017 17:28, the dog from that film you saw wrote:
our family was given a series of american books when i was young that
covered science and the natural world etc.
in one chapter a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 24th 17, 09:03 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By Vir Campestris
'Cracking' TS files

On 23/10/2017 21:42, Vir Campestris wrote:
Broadcast in clear, encrypted as written to disc. When copied to a flash
stick the SD ones are encrypted. It's easy enough to unset the bit that
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 23rd 17, 09:42 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By Vir Campestris
'Cracking' TS files

On 23/10/2017 13:30, NY wrote:
Where does the encryption (if any) occur? Are HD programmes broadcast
and recorded encrypted, with only authorised PVRs being able to decrypt
then stream as it...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 15th 17, 09:06 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By Vir Campestris
Bitrates

.... a thought from the other thread.

Now that DTV is getting bitrate squeezed enough to be annoying, and we
don't want a satellite dish on our thatched roof - are the live BBC/ITV
streams good...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 15th 17, 09:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By Vir Campestris
Time to regain cost of replacing plasma TV

On 15/10/2017 15:41, David wrote:
When 8k takes off and 4k sets are being remaindered then I might be
tempted. Say £399 for a 52" 4k set. Mount it on the wall (the ancient
plasma doesn't have...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 15th 17, 08:58 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 45
Posted By Vir Campestris
Mobile Phone Locks (was Cold caller)

On 14/10/2017 21:46, Ian Field wrote:
I leave the battery out when not expecting a call to prevent pocket
dialling - and PITA cold callers.

First cold caller I've ever had, and I don't recall...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 14th 17, 09:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 45
Posted By Vir Campestris
Cold caller

On 14/10/2017 09:58, Scott wrote:
Maybe I have done someone a service over the 10 minutes or so he was
on the line listening to this rubbish!

I admire your patience.

I was called on my mobile...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 14th 17, 09:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 38
Posted By Vir Campestris
A better YouTube receiver

On 14/10/2017 16:29, TonyGamble wrote:
Do any of you technical wizards have a suggestion as to why the video resolution could have been causing my YouTube to hang?

Perhaps the TV is returning odd...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 10th 17, 09:57 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 38
Posted By Vir Campestris
A better YouTube receiver

On 09/10/2017 19:21, TonyGamble wrote:
One thing I was doing was leaving it powered from a USB on the back of the tv.

It's quite likely this is the problem. Those things can use a reasonable...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 7th 17, 05:37 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 38
Posted By Vir Campestris
A better YouTube receiver

On 07/10/2017 15:17, TonyGamble wrote:
I'd willingly pay for a decent receiver or dongle that was more reliable. Can anyone suggest anything available in the UK?

Try Roku.

Andy
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 1st 17, 09:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Vir Campestris
bbc inacuracies

On 26/09/2017 22:35, Java Jive wrote:
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 20:44:39 +0100, Vir Campestris
wrote:

On 17/09/2017 15:21, Phi wrote:
Methane has a residence...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 26th 17, 08:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Vir Campestris
bbc inacuracies

On 17/09/2017 15:21, Phi wrote:
Methane has a residence time of 12 years in the atmoshere with a warming
coefficient of 21 times that of CO2 at 5 years residence.

Source?

I thought the problem...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 26th 17, 08:41 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Vir Campestris
Watching British TV abroad

On 15/09/2017 15:23, Norman Wells wrote:
On past holidays in Spain I've taken a tablet computer and have been
able to watch the good old Beeb on Filmon.tv.* Now though it seems
they've gone...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 28th 17, 09:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 143
Posted By Vir Campestris
Railfreight (was Samsung TV's "bricked")

On 27/08/2017 22:34, Huge wrote:
n 2017-08-27, Vir wrote:
snip An obvious one
would be to dump containers at Felixstowe straight onto trains for
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 27th 17, 09:53 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 143
Posted By Vir Campestris
Railfreight (was Samsung TV's "bricked")

On 27/08/2017 17:28, Huge wrote:
On what grounds? Why should rail be protected from market forces just
because a lot of people like it? I've seen figures that it is not
cost effective to use...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 26th 17, 04:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 143
Posted By Vir Campestris
Samsung TV's "bricked"

(Top for Brian)

I'd hope the the truck behind would be telling the one in front "I can't
stop, ease off the brakes".

Besides if you're 10ft apart and the one in front brakes hard the impact...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 25th 17, 09:40 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 130
Posted By Vir Campestris
Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

On 25/08/2017 15:42, Indy Jess John wrote:
Kodak did make and sell a digital camera.* I bought one from Dixons in
2001.

I still have and use a Kodak DX6490 digital camera. It's only 4MP, which...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 25th 17, 09:15 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 130
Posted By Vir Campestris
Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

On 25/08/2017 14:29, Brian Gaff wrote:
The trouble with the Heinz tv is that it only has 57...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 15th 17, 09:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 68
Posted By Vir Campestris
Big Ben's Bongs are going to be missing for 4 years

On 15/08/2017 09:06, wrote:
I bet the bells still remain in situ anyway in case they're needed for a Royal Funeral.

And new year's day, and Armistice day, IIRC.

Andy
--...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 345