Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Holmes
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 7th 17, 12:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris Holmes
Which Smart Box to use with Dumb TV?

Thanks all,

And to those who said a Youview box would work, nobody was able to specifically say a BT one would.

My experience is that BT often break their own rules, let alone anyone...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 5th 17, 11:16 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris Holmes
Which Smart Box to use with Dumb TV?

Hi,

As nobody seems to have a definitive answer as to whether a BT Youview box will work in the absence of an aerial connection......

What smartening thingies could be plugged into HDMI on a Dumb...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 1st 17, 08:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Holmes
Use a BT Youview box without an aerial?

Hi All,

My daughter is moving into social housing, and the flat has neither an aerial or satellite (it's the spell checker nearly put satanic) connection.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 23rd 15, 11:16 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 22
Posted By Chris Holmes
Multi region Blu Ray player

Hi All, we are looking to invest in a Bu Ray player (sub 100) and would like to be able to play our collection of USA DVDs on it (Region 2??) and perhaps also USA bought Blu Ray discs in the future....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 31st 14, 02:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By Chris Holmes
More HD on Freeview than Freesat?

On Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:57:37 PM UTC+1, Alan White wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 13:24:34 +0100, "David" wrote:

So Freeview wins with extra HD, local TV and...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 31st 14, 08:03 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By Chris Holmes
Clydebuilt: The Ships That Made the Commonwealth - BBC 4programme about a cable laying and repair ship.

On Saturday, June 7, 2014 9:19:20 AM UTC+1, Steve Thackery wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:

A problem with satellite communications, especially things like

telephone conversations via...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 24th 14, 08:56 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 59
Posted By Chris Holmes
OT Topographic Lift and/or Temporal Shift on Call The Midwife

On last weeks episode the Curate with the Well equiped car said he might be able to pick up Radio Luxembourg (during daylight hours). I listened to this in the 70, and my recoollection is of a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 18th 14, 08:46 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Holmes
DVD with intent

On Tuesday, 18 February 2014 08:22:46 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Gawd. Rather depends on the tent, the weather on the day and if it is shaded or not. Some are fair to good if directly in front I seem...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 17th 14, 11:04 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Holmes
DVD with intent

I have been asked about the feasibility of showing a DVD in an unlined marquee at around 7:00 or 8:00 PM in July here dahn sarf (where summer comes soonest).

I don't know the spec of the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 20th 14, 01:24 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Holmes
Where did the reflections go?

I watched a little archive (colour) footage of Yehudi Menuin (sp?!) last night (probably from the 70's judging by Michael Parkinson's hair), and the lights kept reflecting of his instrument and...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 29th 13, 03:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 48
Posted By Chris Holmes
Digital Pain reliever

On Tuesday, 27 August 2013 10:36:03 UTC+1, charles wrote:
Just come back from the pharmacist where I noticed a "Digital Pain Reliever" on the shelf. Is this what is needed to solve all our...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 11th 13, 02:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Holmes
Very basic cabling/distribution advice needed please. Part 2

On 10 Jan, 20:45, Jim wrote:
OK first things first a huge thanks to everybody who gave input to my
last post, I have taken a lot of your advice on board and bought the
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 28th 12, 03:25 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Holmes
SRNNewV

On 23 Dec, 01:38, Bill Wright wrote:
SRNNewV
This is the name of a channel on 28E. It is Sky News but at a
fantastically low bit rate; so low in fact that it takes a while...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 30th 12, 10:42 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Holmes
Aerial quote inflation.

On 28 Nov, 20:18, Graham C wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:23:10 +0000, Graham C

wrote:
A neighbour asked me to check her TV...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14