Old March 9th 18, 08:18 AM posted to
Default The inteligence of pizza delivery drivers.

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 08/03/2018 19:41, tim... wrote:

I live in a block of flats and my address is XX Something Drive,
cos they
have just numbered the 9 flats in the block as a continuation of
the street

Provided the numbers are in a logical place in the sequence of road
address numbering. that shouldn't be a problem. When I was a
teenager with a paper round I had a block like that on my round, and
I had no trouble delivering papers to the three flats that had
ordered them.

There are more confusing addresses around. Near where I am living
now, there is a road where the houses on one side have a different
street name to the houses on the other side. Depending on which map
you buy, the road between the two has one name printed or the other.
Novice postmen must be eternally grateful for modern postcodes!

I believe that can happen when the borough (even county) boundary goes
along the middle of the road so different thought processes have been
applied when the houses were built.

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com