Old February 24th 18, 12:06 PM posted to
Default Induction loops

But do those other cables generate audio frequency fields of comparable

The details of the amplification and equalisation are way beyond me (who
avoided electronics like a plague dog) but it seems to make sense given
the field strengths mandated according to Wikipedia: "an induction loop
system ... must be capable of delivering field strength peaks of 400mA/m
+- 3 dB"

I mean no criticism when I say I was reminded of the economist's
question: "It's all very well to know it works in practice, but does it
work in theory?"

On 24/02/2018 11:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes quite how one turn of wire can generate enough field to interact with
the coil in a hearing aid is a bit of a black art. One might imagine the
other cables like mains and network and powerline internet connections would
generate such an intense field it would never work.