Old February 24th 18, 10:23 AM posted to
Default Induction loops

On 24/02/2018 09:32, Brian Gaff wrote:
Another form of transmission is the induction loop, often used by those with
hearing aids.
I never did figure out quite how these seemed to work quite as well as they
did even in quite large aareas.
I expected to see some mega wire wound multiple times around the target
area, but when I looked it was about as thick as a mains cable going around
the area.

We have installed a few of these. Just the loop I mean, as part of a
first fix. The spec just said it had to be a 'wire' running around the
room with the ends brought out to a backbox.