Old February 10th 18, 11:59 AM posted to
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
Default Channel 20 Drama doesn't use whole screen

On Saturday, 10 February 2018 08:51:06 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
They are missing a trick here, they could have scrolling adverts in the

Some channels do - e.g. the abominable Starz TV. Some $ky channels have active borders, plus several news channels have tickers along the bottom.

"Phil" wrote in message
On 09/02/18 20:20, Chris Green wrote:
Programs (as opposed to adverts) on Drama (Channel 20, Freeview) don't
display full screen on our system. We have a pretty standard LG TV
with a Humax PVR.

It's not just too tall or too wide, there's a black band all round the
displayed picture. So, even if preserving the screen proportions the
picture could be displayed larger.

Is this normal or is something configured wrong?

I'm on Freesat and as far as I can tell, some programmes originally made
in 4:3 are broadcast in this stupid format on Drama.

Liverpool, UK