Old February 8th 18, 08:22 AM posted to
Mark Carver[_2_]
Default COM 7 off again for Sonys at Emley Moor

On 07/02/2018 17:39, Bob Latham wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Bob Latham wrote:

all 5 Sony tvs have lost COM7

surprised DTG (or whoever it is these days) can't simulate the long
guard band change and test it against the STB/IDTV "zoo".

I don't think this is to do with GI if that is what you're suggesting. I've
seen either com7 or com8 or both with 1/16 GI and working fine just last week.

Who do we tell and how, any suggestions?

I don't think it's a GI thing, but the change has triggered the problem
off. The most affected people seem to be Sony and Panny users of Emley.
I've seen reports from the more sensible folk on Digital Spy and one
chap has no problems with Belmont, but Emley is (or was) dead. Also
Crosspool was dead, I don't know whether for COM 7 that's line fed, or
RBL Emley (if the latter than that's not surprising)

Also the SI data tables are now huge on both COM 7 and 8, (because
all transmitters are no configured in preparation for the SFN working)
so that's causing some PVR recordings to fail.

I've tried two routes I have into the BBC and Arqiva, both have drawn
blanks at present.